LST2 BROKEN CHASIS RAIL arrrrrrrrgggghhh!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph-51

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is my second LST2, only onto my 5th tank, and already I have split the right hand side chasis rail right up the centre of where one of the side screws the bottom chasis plate onto!!! Naturally The screw is gone, but the bottom plate is holding the rail intact.
Now the LST2 is supposed to be the dogs bollocks of the original lst, so what can I do to improve on the chasis rails?
My first LST2 expired from a heavy front on impact which tore the front straight off from the top of the chasis rails!!!! ouch!
This latest collision was just from a soft side skid into a tree, no where near what my first LST2 suffered.
Are these stock chasis rails just manufactured pretty weak then??
appreciate your feedback

Well....... thats a question a few of us have been struggling with, the post below yours in the LST section is a 2 pager of the exact same thing, how to keep from breaking rails. I put on a new era roll bar and it seems to have solved it but nothing is going to keep it together if you crash hard enough. Have a look at that other post and you can see some of the other solutions.

I'm working on pestering people about getting a full under chassis skid. Something that ties the front to center and rear to center to give the truck more strength. The fact that all that keeps the truck from snapping in half are a couple plastic rails?

C'mon losi! Give us a chassis brace or something! Us bashers shoot for the moon! You can't expect a little plastic to keep us going.

My pesterings:
http://www.exactcustoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=506#506

My thread asking the same question:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum//showthread.php?t=51157&goto=newpost

In the interim, I made shoddy little plates to tie the front skid to the center a bit. Not what I want... but I don't have the materials to make what I want or the area to really do it well.

Well, after much discussion with the owner of my LHS, he strongly disagreed with going to the aluminium option on the side rails!!! I looked at him blankly and said duhhh, but they keep breaking???, he said "stop hitting poop with it!! " He says aluminium side rails will make the chasis too rigid and take all the flex out of it, making it a piss poor handler and put too much strain on the other parts. So I bowed down to his many many years of experience and purchased another set stocky rails :(
How ever he did definitely agree that the aluminium engine brace is the way to go!!
So I guess now, I just gotta stop hitting stuff with it!!

I bashed mine pretty hard and it took an upside down landing to split mine. I split both mine. I had the Holeshot engineering chassis plates too. I still think side rails are just fine.

like mine soon to be :yes:

bellypan1.jpg

Thats the DUCKS NUTS 1 BAD STi!! how much weight did it add though?? Probably not enough to really notice the performance versus the hours labour in replacing parts :)

It is a great idea for the bashers. Just waiting on "availability"..

I think I found the best quote for this month.."Thats the DUCKS NUTS " hilarious.

well, like a good little tax payer with a very deep pocket, and a fat wallet, I wondered back to the great pearly gates at the LHS, and got new chasis rails and another stocker engine brace,
All refitted and ready to go!!! Now if only I can sought this transmission popping into neutral I'll be laughing!! I've moved onto fix-it option, number three, that would be the cleaning of the OWB in a dish of break cleaner..... fingers crossed that works, or its back to those bloody pearly gates again......lol.......... "please sir, may I have a new owb please?" lol

160203249860 check out this item number on ebay its my auction and there is a bunch of integy hop up including a forever fix on your broken chassie rails a set of integy ones can't bet them or the price you can get all these great items off ebay for

The only problem with that, is that I'm in Brisbane Australia!!, so the post would kill it....
Otherwise, they look like the go for sure!!

Hi, I don't own a LST2 but it may be in my immediate future (debating on an LST2 or Revo) but just wanted to give a thought... Has anyone ever filled in the rails with repair compound filler? I have something called Fiber Tech by Evercoat, its a kevlar reinforced body filler. From how the rails look, it seems like you could get some in there for additional stiffness and strenght.

That's not a bad idea... the only issue I could see would be getting it to stick to the plastic. For those that don't care at all about weight, it would be nice if Losi would just make a completely solid set of rails.

I went with a skid plate that I made from center-front to tie the front skid to the center. Hopefully that will help. If not, I blew a Saturday morning making it... lol.

That's not a bad idea... the only issue I could see would be getting it to stick to the plastic. For those that don't care at all about weight, it would be nice if Losi would just make a completely solid set of rails.

I went with a skid plate that I made from center-front to tie the front skid to the center. Hopefully that will help. If not, I blew a Saturday morning making it... lol.
You would have to scuff the plastic a little but by putting on both the inside and outside of the rail it should hold pretty good. I've seen your skid and it looks pretty good, lots of protection... may have to follow your path and I've decided on a LST2, just waiting to see if they changed the radio....

Back