LST Facelift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxialLST

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I got this LST about 2 months ago from a former member here, who decided he wanted to get into crawlers instead of nitro. When I traded him for my Losi mini crawler, the truck had the original Mach .26 engine that was in sad shape, good compression, but had two huge scores on the side of the piston from the top to the wrist-pin hole. I replaced it with a grey top Axial .28 Spec 1 after the Mach .26 siezed on the third run. So far it has been an awesome truck, but I think it needs a facelift. So, here are the plans:

1. New black shock socks, blue ones are about ruined.
2. 40 series Proline Masher tires for bashing, Losi Super King Pins for track.
3. Axial oversized 8 spoke rims in solid black.
4. Parma Gravedigger body in the following paint scheme, Green realflame backed by black, tearing about half way down the body into the riveted plate look with chunks of the black torn pieces looking like they were ripped from the front half (Hope this makes sence lol)
5. Going to blacken the aluminum chassis plates.
6. Looking for a way to turn the blue shocks green.

I should have the body done in about 3 weeks, the tires and wheels should be here next week, and everything else should be done by the time the body is done.

Any advise on something I can use for the shocks, and something durable I can use for the chassis plate would be awesome :first_place:

Images are attached below.

-AxialLST

P.S. How do I post from photobucket? all of my tags are over 25 charactors long. :\

Attachments

• P1000493.JPG
    P1000493.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 123
  • P1000494.JPG
    P1000494.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 122
  • P1000495.JPG
    P1000495.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 110
click the image at photobucket then copy and paste the

Yeah for some reason they are all way longer than 25 characters, oh well I will stick to the thumbnails I guess. :)

-AxialLST

Update!

The body is done, and the new shoes are on. Already looking better :D. Had an issue with my airbrush so I wasn't able to do the realflame, but other than that I think its looking really good! Front LEDs are in, rears still need to be put in and the wiring needs to be ran. Also decided to stick with blue annodized parts after not being able to find any green ones and reading up on annodizing at home.

Opinions? Ideas?

-AxialLST

Attachments

• P1000516.JPG
    P1000516.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 105
  • P1000517.JPG
    P1000517.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 120
  • P1000519.JPG
    P1000519.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 120
Any advise on something I can use for the shocks, and something durable I can use for the chassis plate would be awesome :first_place:

LST2 shocks with 40 weight oil and RC Raven dual rate springs are a great bashing combo. Can handle quite a bit of air under it but isn't so stiff that it's bouncing all over on the small stuff.

What do you mean by chassis plate? The main deck or a skid plate?

I meant for changing colors, I wanted to change the shock towers to green and the chassis plates to black. I should have been more specific :). I have changed my mind since then, I like the way it looks now with the body/rim combo. I don't know what shock oil I am running, its whatever the guy who had it before me put in there, I think its 35wt., but its good to know 40 is a good starting point.

-AxialLST

i thought you were doing a parma grave digger body... what happened...

That thing looks great! I really like the paint scheme and Bug lid.

For color change on the skids,top plate etc, I like the Losi hard anno stuff. If I ever get to it before I have to sell it, I plan to go with that on my Aftershock. Just my opinion but it's nice as is too.

I decided against the gravedigger body, I wasn't sure of the fit, and I took a liking to the baja body. I used candy blue on the front to make the realflames, but my airbrush started to make cotton candy, and when I thinned the paint apparently it clogged and splattered. I ended up backing the candy blue in black, looks almost deep purple in the sunlight, so it didnt turn out too bad. Shortly after this my harbor freight compressor almost caught my house on fire when a piece of paper got pushed into it, so I just put the airbrush down and finished it all with rattlecans. I wanted to post pictures here before I take it out and get it all dirty lol.

Appreciate the compliments!

-AxialLST

Lights are done! I think they look really good, used the large LEDs in the front and smaller enclosed LEDs in the rear. Funny thing is they are actually aimed in the front, which was totally unintentional... :first_place:

-AxialLST

Attachments

• P1000527.JPG
    P1000527.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 105
  • P1000528.JPG
    P1000528.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 98
Looks good... I like the lights.....lol

Back