LSp PRo worthy of bashing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want a new truck for bashing. I'm used to racing with my MSR and then have to drive my brick(savage). So I'm going to sell the savy and maybe my 18t and pick up a new ride. Anyone interested shoot me a pm. Anyways i am used to the toughness of a Mugen. Is this truck durable enough to bash? Also what type of engine do i need, pull start or non pull start?

Well mine has help so far but I have only ran mine once, but the Pro should most definetly be worth of bashing. the Al arms and 3.5mm shock shafts are only a few upgrades the Pro has. vbgagnon has the RR I think and he hasn't any problems except for shock ends, but he gave me any easy fix for those. I will let you know if mine breaks PiErow but I am sure it will be a awesome basher.

O, and I think you need a non pull, or an engne that has a smaller backplate like a 24.7 does. I am going to run a non pull Wasp .28. The stock engine has rotostart so it has a smaller backplate.

Can i use my Collari .30 w/pull start in it?
Also what size tires do i run? Standard maxx or what?

I'm not sure on the Collari .30. Heres a pic of the stock mounting system and how much clearance I have with a non pull Collari B3.

ae40426b.jpg

So I really don't think it would fit, but take a look at the backplate. If it only overhangs a few mm it may fit. The stock engine's backplate overhangs a few mm from the block too.

And the stock hexes are standard maxx size.

I think the collari 30 would fit. These things are pretty tough. I have yet to break anything other then a shock end and I have a few gallons through it. You can use standard maxx tires, 40 series, or 23mm wheels/tires. If you have any other questions let me know ;)

Yea just depends on the size of the backplate. Engines like the SH .28 may not fit cause of the big backplate, did yours fit ok vb? Or did you change it to non-pull? Or just put on the 24.7 backplate lol.

I put the 24.7 backplate, but converted it to non pull at the same time. I'll take a pic of it sometime.

O cool. I'm just gunna run a non-pull engine so I don't have to worry about it :)

Why can't you run with a pull start or big backplate? I have the HB lightning with an OS 21 RG on it... I guess I had to change a few things, but it's doable without to much hassle.

if you raise the center diff 4mm and use a couple of the engine risers that come with the engines to raise it up. I think I had to use two sets of risers though... but it works well.

Olds it was just the Mach and the SH .28 that have massive backplates that don't fit.

Are those the only ones vb? I though there were more that didn't fit?

O, ok, I thought most engines had bigger backplates lol. Well thats good then, go for it PiErow, and drop in the .30.

I hear the Pullstarter for the .30 is ridiculous expensive...anyone else know bout that?

You can always shim the engine up to allow a pullstart. I used Ofna rectangular shims or you can just got some 1/4 " wide aluminum stock and just cut to your desired length. All you would have to do is drill out the holes.

put my LSP back on ebay, started at 1 dollar. u'll enjoy it if u didnt buy 1 already. bash, race, whateva

-Ult

Back