LRP Z.28R Spec 3 - HSN & LSN Counts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznitro

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi All.

I was wondering if any of you with this engine would care to share your HSN
and LSN turn counts. I'm trying to get mine running good, but don't have
enough experience to know what to listen for. And I bet others would find
this useful too, I know I will... thank you!

Please answer these:

1. How long have you been running this engine.
2. What is your HSN turn count from closed position.
3. What is your LSN turn count from closed position.
4. What Fuel are you using.

Thank you in advance! :)

every engine is different so youll just have to try different settings. not all will be the same it depends on weather, fuel, how old the engine is ,what its in, how you drive ,a lot of things play a factor in tuning, hope this helps...Dean ps Try going to this site and check it out http://aedownloads.com/downloads/manuals/Z28R_manual.pdf lots good info.

Last edited:
Good points... though they could still be helpful or worth trying.

I have about 2.75 turns on the HSN from closed and 2.5 on my LSN. I just broke mine in yesterday and started with 4 on HSN and 3 on LSN I believe. Had a heck of a time getting it started. Guess it was overly rich on the HSN. I ran around 10-11 tanks through it and it's still pretty rich, but power is pretty good. I like to run a touch on the rich side for the first gallon, then lean a bit more after I know the engine is fully seated.

What's the vehicle your running yours in? What pipe? Pipe will play a big part on the tune.

I have found that the LRP doesn't like a really open pipe (like the HPI polished) but it really likes the Losi HT tuned pipe from the LST2. I'm running the HT pipe on my aftershock with an LRP and I'm running I believe a HB pipe with the new one on my savage. Now that I'm looking at tower... I can't find an HB pipe that looks like mine.

Back