Lrp .30

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just left my LHS where I put an LRP .30 engine on layaway, I'm gonna drop it into my HPI buggy. The guy at the hobby shop told me it was the one of the best engines around, did a little research and found good reviews. Just wanna know if anybody has one in their rc or know anything about it. What can I expect. Or should I get something else. I mainly bash, but I want try my hand at racing to.

Just left my LHS where I put an LRP .30 engine on layaway, I'm gonna drop it into my HPI buggy. The guy at the hobby shop told me it was the one of the best engines around, did a little research and found good reviews. Just wanna know if anybody has one in their rc or know anything about it. What can I expect. Or should I get something else. I mainly bash, but I want try my hand at racing to.

Yep here's mine. In my opinion the LRP is one of the best but everyone has an opinion! And this rig only had about 10 tanks through it so that was not even full throttle pass's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W9PdcD0wkfQ

Last edited:
OK I'm drooling now! MAN that's ALOT of torque and power!! Thanks for the info bro. :whhooo::D

That rig is rolling with a 36t spur and a 17t bell to. It will easily pull 18t-20t and still lift the front end in second easily. I currently have an MGT running the LRP.32 and it's the same way with 3.2 maxx mashers it spins put on black top in second gear even with a slow roll on the throttle and in second gear. I hope to get a vid od it as soon as the weather permits! Also if broken in properly these LRP's seem to have a long life if cared for. I have a friend running the Lrp.32 in his savage XL think he is at like 8 gallons and it still seems to have very strong compression. Just make sure you have a good pipe like the JP4 pipe or I think the Dynamite 086. If you can afford it the ERCM pipes are the best that's what the rig in the vid is running, there loud and proud but the best pipe I have ever ran ever!

Lrp is deffinetely a great basher engine, hands down for sure, ..with that being said when it comes to a race machine there are better mills out there, I wouldnt run a purpose made race engine on my basher

Lrp is deffinetely a great basher engine, hands down for sure, ..with that being said when it comes to a race machine there are better mills out there, I wouldnt run a purpose made race engine on my basher

Why not bro? My next build is getting a Nova I think. Maybe a Picco boost .28 I said it before I'll say it again I stand behind LRP for sure though. I'm not sure if a lot of people know but LRP does make a higher end .21 race mill all though I don't know how they perform but I am guessing pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Just for me on a basher I am verry happy with an under 200$ mill, like the lrp for instance imo is the top of the line all around well rounded mill, I personally wouldnt toss a 400$ race mill in my basher and beat the snot out of it through winter and super dusty conditions is all I meant

Just for me on a basher I am verry happy with an under 200$ mill, like the lrp for instance imo is the top of the line all around well rounded mill, I personally wouldnt toss a 400$ race mill in my basher and beat the snot out of it through winter and super dusty conditions is all I meant

Yah just messing with you bro LOL!:hehe: I have never run a Nova yet that's why I am hoping to eventually give one a try.

I love the cooling head on the comp and the .32 bro

Back