Low Speed Needle setting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WEBER586

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what a 3.5torq lsn should be at how many turns I dnt know how to do the pinch test

Does anyone know what a 3.5torq lsn should be at how many turns I dnt know how to do the pinch test

It variesi to what engine!

The Lsn is usually a setting that transitions an idle .low speed to full throttle ,an that is if the carb isn't
sucking air an wot -not ,aka dried seals or O-rings!

The pinch test:

Pinch the fuel line closed at about 3 cm from the carb. The engine should run for about 4 to 6 seconds, rev up then die.
If the engine dies immediately, or the RPM's do not rise, the LSN is too lean.
The starting point should always be the Idle Stop, the throttle should be open approximately 1mm at the stop.
The LSN for break in is quite often with the head of the needle flush with the collar. This would be very rich. Maybe start at 1/2 turn in.

The pinch test:

Pinch the fuel line closed at about 3 cm from the carb. The engine should run for about 4 to 6 seconds, rev up then die.
If the engine dies immediately, or the RPM's do not rise, the LSN is too lean.
The starting point should always be the Idle Stop, the throttle should be open approximately 1mm at the stop.
The LSN for break in is quite often with the head of the needle flush with the collar. This would be very rich. Maybe start at 1/2 turn in.

Ok thanks a lot I ll try that btw it's a TORQ 3.5 on a duratrax

Follow the pinch test or read the tuning guide found on the forum.