Lotus Elise body w/lighting system

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I spent my entire 3 day weekend working on my touring car. I am becoming addicted to this hobby! Got an HPI Elise body, and after 20 coats, alternating between aqua and silver - it looks great! Also installed blue/white headlights, tailights, and servo actuated brake lights. Have taken pictures, and when they are uploaded, will post them, should be by tomorrow. Anyone know of any other cool tricks to do?

GREAT body! A buddy of mine just painted mine for me. Water based because of the color I wanted. I still have to get the decals on. (Nothing like real lights though!)

Get up some pics!

-Chris

pictures of Lotus Elise w/ Lights

Hope these look good. This only my second body I have done. Anty comments would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the multiple posts, but for some reason, I cannot upload more than ! pic at a time. If someone knows how to do that - please let me know, so I can do it right in the future

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 149
Picture 2 of 3

Here is one more

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 159
last picture

pic 3 of 3

----so sorry for the multiple posts - will not happen again.

Hope you like the pics

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 146
Nice Job! I really like the color and that first picture with the lights kicks bootay! I want to see a video of the car when the break lights go on. Thats pretty cool.:thumbsup:

More photos of Lotus

I did not post the full size pics, as they were to large. If anyone wants to see all of them (about 12), email me or post a request with your email address and I will send them to you.

you should upload those to your gallery here on RCNT....

help the computer illiterate

nitro dave - i would love to do that, but stared at this site for 30 minutes, and i have no clue how. coould you please direct me to that section, so i can post them now?

On the top of this page is a link to 'Gallery' - from there you should have it covered. You will be able to upload your full size pics as well.

:)

Very nice looking ride. The light job looks like it belonged there all along.

Originally posted by mjime714

BTW, welcome to RCNT.

Thanks, this forum looks pretty good. Expect plenty of posts from me. hehe...probably not, i'm just a street racer...but i do work on my own car

Hay so am I. I dont have any other car except for my GT4.

Or do you mean real car street racing? I used to be into that.. actually just fixing up my ride.

Anyway, stick around, you will find a lot of great info here and the other members are top notch.

I dont have any other car except for my GT4.

C'mon let's get the ball rolling on this! Enough is enough! Mjime needs to get another car by next month. He's driving the 3+1 fast jogger now, Ojime714 has the MR2. I say a Savage, the Calandra, or 1/8th serpent, mugen...Emaxx! :hehe:

I don't really street race real cars. If a car rolls up on me, i'll run, if i'm on a street where no cops are and there aren't a lot of cars around.

My r/c car, I just run in front of my house. But hopefully this sunday i'll race it for real.

Yeah I used to drag race my RX7 around where I live. As you get older it gets a little more dangerous street racing. I guess that's why I'm into the RC's, and it's less money to fix an RC up. Now I live my life by one empty parking lot at a time.