losing a-arm pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiritdriven7

RCTalk Basher
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So far I've lost two rear lower a-arm pins...I'm tempted to loctite them in place. Have I overlooked something that would normally hold these in place? Is there a better idea than loctite to keep them from vibrating out?

I use a 2 mm threaded bolt and double but them on my revo have to get the dremel out but mine have never come apart yet

I use a 2 mm threaded bolt and double but them on my revo have to get the dremel out but mine have never come apart yet

Good idea, if I understand you correctly. My loctite idea probably wouldn't work due to restricting the arm movement. I am considering scuffing the pin ends w/sandpaper just enough for added friction. If that doesn't work...I'm ordering a few hundred pins!

Sounds like you need to replace the rear skid plate the only way hinge pins would come out on the rear was if the back part of the skid was worn down or.snapped off

Sounds like you need to replace the rear skid plate the only way hinge pins would come out on the rear was if the back part of the skid was worn down or.snapped off

I made a mistake buying the used parts roller. I just had a front hinge pin work loose. Here we go...more new parts on the way.

can you take a pic of the underside of your truck? I still don't understand how you are loosing pins on a revo unless the skids a worn to nothing ,snapped or missing all together

can you take a pic of the underside of your truck? I still don't understand how you are loosing pins on a revo unless the skids a worn to nothing ,snapped or missing all together

I was wondering this also.

The Revo's pins are captured by the skids. Only way for them to pop out is if the rig is getting ran without the skid plates.

Or.

Did the OP post his TMaxx lower pin problem in the Revo section?

TMaxx pins can come out. Usually from the thread surface in the A-Arm getting worn out or stripped from use or over tightening. Easy to do.

I was wondering this also.

The Revo's pins are captured by the skids. Only way for them to pop out is if the rig is getting ran without the skid plates.

Or.

Did the OP post his TMaxx lower pin problem in the Revo section?

TMaxx pins can come out. Usually from the thread surface in the A-Arm getting worn out or stripped from use or over tightening. Easy to do.

Ummm....I didn't have skid plates, front or back. Now they are on order...I should have looked at the schematics but my parts came in boxes and I just took them out, studied what I had and put it all together. Old (and bad) habits are hard to break.

Ummm....I didn't have skid plates, front or back. Now they are on order...I should have looked at the schematics but my parts came in boxes and I just took them out, studied what I had and put it all together. Old (and bad) habits are hard to break.

Awww cool, then it was a Revo. Just curious, do you know about the chop shops on Ebay. My personal favorite has the entire 4 piece skid's which includes the F&R skids, plus the front nose tip up and tranny skid. Brand new it's listed today for $1.89 + shipping.

ah yep you gots to have skids ,the rear can wear through on clay tracks and cause the pins to come out ,Tekno makes a skid cover for the rear ,costs about 5 bucks and you get 3 in the pack when used with the std skid plate I haven't lost a pin since.

ah yep you gots to have skids ,the rear can wear through on clay tracks and cause the pins to come out ,Tekno makes a skid cover for the rear ,costs about 5 bucks and you get 3 in the pack when used with the std skid plate I haven't lost a pin since.

I checked Tekno out...thanks. Yessir...skids do help. It is a simple thing to read the instructions. I just wish I could remember to do it.

glad its all comimg together for you if you do get stuck for instructions and what not ,check out the traxxas website it has all kinds of downloads and instructions.

Back