Losi Tenacity DB wheel failure

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the this forum. Not new to forums. Searched around briefly and found no threads. So here's the conundrum...

I have a Losi Tenacity DB. One of the rear wheel is completely destroyed where the hex nut with pin would set inside and provide drive. In this case, the plastic hex area on the inside of the wheel that would ordinarily have the metal nut snug into is completely rounded out. This is likely from the nut on the outside of the wheel being loose.

Question is whether there are either Losi branded or aftermarket metal wheels out there that would not allow this to happen.

Thanks in advance for your support.

I have had the same problem on 3 different tenacity cars.

Any solutions? Or just buy new wheels and call it the cost of having fun?

I bought Permatex marine weld. I put the epoxy in the wheel then thin plastic and pressed axle in.
Still removable and very strong.

16602345768305464591531404916716.jpg

16602346187632298400233237441364.jpg

I had this happen on my TT Pro and reached out to horizon hobby but they haven’t sent me a replacement yet. So I drove it around more until i smashed my steering stuff because I’m a bad driver lol. A good idea would be to get pro line tires and wheels with the removable hex so if you strip them again, you won’t have to buy expensive tires again. Problem is, the Pro-Line wheels are expensive too. I will eventually get the Pro-Line Icon tires on raid wheels.

Back