Losi Tenacity DB Pro Spektrum ESC/Radio Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack8289

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have had my Losi Tenacity DB Pro for a little under a year now and really enjoy it. Only recently though it started having a problem. The car won't move when turned on which suggests that it need the ESC calibrated which is no problem. But when I go to calibrate the ESC, it doesn't calibrate right. Sometimes it won't calibrate neutral, other time it will calibrate the neutral and then wont calibrate forward, and I even got it to calibrate neutral and forward (which gave me hope as I had been trying to get it to calibrate for the last half hour) and then it failed to calibrate the reverse. It is quite frustrating because I love how the car drives but I can't even get it to drive. I figured I would post this to see if anyone had any ideas before I contact support for either Losi or Spektrum. Thanks in advance.

This may sound simple but first check and make sure all your batteries are charged up both on the kit and the TX. If you still have problems then the first thing I would do is test with a known good RX. Then I would try and use a known good ESC just to make sure the TX/RX is good. If you dont have any other parts or kits then Id try contacting support and see what they can do for you.

After thought... Make sure the ESC is plugged in to the correct port on the RX.

This may sound simple but first check and make sure all your batteries are charged up both on the kit and the TX. If you still have problems then the first thing I would do is test with a known good RX. Then I would try and use a known good ESC just to make sure the TX/RX is good. If you dont have any other parts or kits then Id try contacting support and see what they can do for you.

After thought... Make sure the ESC is plugged in to the correct port on the RX.
I'm going to start this off by saying that yesterday after 5 tries it finally worked again and I was able to run a battery through the car but there still seems to be something wrong. I have tried the Spektrum ESC on my TQI system from my VXL Rustler and it calibrated and worked fine. Also I tried the Spektrum radio on a brand new Hobbywing system for my Losi Touring car, and it had the same problem as the Losi. Also, on both the Hobbywing system, and the Spektrum system, if I switch the steering and the throttle in the RX it will calibrate the throttle on the steering. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either the stock Spektrum RX or the TX as the problem. I will probably try to get it out again and see if it stays calibrated once the weather gets a little less rainy in Ohio. Hopefully if it isn't fixed, either Losi or Spektrum will replace the TX/RX under warranty.

are you sure the th trim is at )?.thats about the only thing i can think of.. but I've had rx go wonky on me b4...If you have another radio with rx id just bind-it to that trouble sum 1 and call it a day.no need to go thru so much grief in this hobby.lik in the old 72mhz days..lol what a trip those days where

are you sure the th trim is at )?.thats about the only thing i can think of.. but I've had rx go wonky on me b4...If you have another radio with rx id just bind-it to that trouble sum 1 and call it a day.no need to go thru so much grief in this hobby.lik in the old 72mhz days..lol what a trip those days where
Yeah, it's a bit hard to make sure the trim is at zero on a knob, I might consider upgrading to a better TX so I can put a Spektrum receiver in my touring car and use one TX for both

The trim being off isnt going to keep it from calibrating it will just make it run funky.

Just out of curiousity which channels are your throttle and steering hooked up to on the RX?

The trim being off isnt going to keep it from calibrating it will just make it run funky.

Just out of curiousity which channels are your throttle and steering hooked up to on the RX?
The RX has the channels labeled as "Steering" and "Throttle" so they are plugged into the right channels. The rest are just aux 1-4.

The reason I asked is because you said when you switch them then it calibrates and When I first went to hook up an RX to a kit after being out of the hobby for 5 or 6 years I plugged the esc into the wrong slot and I also could not calibrate my ESC.

Back