Losi Nitro 8ight RTR buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Pirate

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any forum members running a Nitro 8ight RTR buggy? I'd like to hear from ya's. Upgrade part #'s etc.

What upgrade parts are you looking for @Nitro Pirate?

Anything.... What can be changed? I'd like to compile my own list of available upgrades for the Losi Nitro 8ight RTR buggy.. I've read this 8ight rtr is up gradable but finding the upgrade parts has been a treasure hunt...
I'm looking for part numbers specific for the 8ight Nitro RTR buggy..
I've got the aluminum steering bell cranks, which I think requires the purchase of the upgraded adjustable turn buckles, which I'll soon find out, if the fit is correct. Then the bell cranks have a certain type of double swaged? steering ball? which I'll be finding out if the turn buckle ends will fit on to.
It helps learn the car.
I think I've got front & rear shock towers figured & top brace.
I'm also looking for a high quality standard hex wrench set for this car... I've got some pretty decent tools, but as noted in a earlier post, screws like on the bottom of the chassis (Losa 6271) are ridiculously tight, & I need something bullet proof to break em..

So.. Ya got a upgrade part numbers?

@Nitro Pirate I would suggest checking out the Losi Nitro 8ight RTR upgrade parts page here.

There is a huge list of things that could be upgraded, many of which is on the page linked above, others such as bodies, tires, wheels, servos, nitro engines, exhaust pipes, and on and on.

I'd start with upgrading parts as they fail on you and then look at what else is available instead of trying to compile some list of every single upgrade part available.