Losi mini t or micro t?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldviolin501

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want a small rc to play with in doors mostly in our hangar. I've been eyeing the two losi truggys. I know there is a huge difference between the mice and min. And the mini isn't as tough. But to play around indoors. What your opinion/ recommendation

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Micro and mini. Not mice and min

The micro Truggy is a close relative of their micro SCT which I own. It's plenty tough and entertaining indoors. With a brushless/LiPo setup it's plenty fast.

Yeah I like that truck too! Just thinking 98% concrete, the T would be great. I don't think they are making the mini t anymore so I was concerned with being able to parts. But also concerned the micro is to small. I can get a new in the box mini t for $80 or micro for the same price

---------- Post added at 5:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:54 PM ----------

So I guess for $80 what a better deal micro or mini?

I was referring to the micro Truggy, but the micro-T is also fun but only RWD and is a handful when using a brushless/LiPo set up. I also a micro Desert Truck which is the extended chassis version of the micro-T and it's almost undriveable. The micro SCT/Rally/Truggy are all AWD and that tames them a bit so they can be driven.

Oh ok gotcha, I didn't realize. I'll have to check it out but I think I'm leaning towards the mini-t

The Mini-T is a 1/18 scale and is a bit big to run most places indoors, IMO. I have a couple of RC-18s that are the same scale and they're just too big to run indoors.

This will be an all cement hangar

A hangar will be plenty of room for a 1/18 brushless. I have an rc18t2 brushless and keeping nimh batteries on it runs around 20mph. With 2s lipos i would see around double that. I run mine around inside the house all the time with nimhs.

Sweet! Good to know!
I know there is plenty of upgrades loke brushless and lipo. What would be my Bone stock top speed of the mini t

Probably around the same as my rc18T2 with nimh battery. Its running a 5000kv reedy brushless and reedy micro esc that can hold up to 3s. I'm afraid to run 3s on it due to i dont want to tear everything around the motor up because of brushless torque. Plus 20mph is fast enough for me to enjoy it around the house and in the sand outside. When i want to go any faster i break out my nitros.

Back