Losi LST XXL is back!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I agree hulk,..hpi has a bigger cube though right

For some reason I recall the octane being 15cc man,
And the losi's .31 is gotta be somewhere around 5cc

To me it looks like the HPI engine is a modded version of a airplane engine. The losi engine looks more like it was designed for a truck. It probably has a higher rpm range. With that being said, I want both.

Both videos look very promising. I was kinda of concerned with the 5cc in the Losi but from the video it seemed to rip pretty well.

I thought it looked pretty good, better than I expected! Sounds just like a nitro not that that's a bad thing but I thought it would have a deeper tone. Leaning more toward the savage though digging the way that rig looks.

Did someone say dynamite .31 gasser maxx build

Hmmm, I notice the Losi vid starts after the engine is already spinning pretty good, no low end take off shots.

Watch the video from the beginning, they start it and then take off.

Pretty Poor Promotional video on Losi’s part IMO.

IF (and that’s a big if IMO) the engine in the video is a gasser, someone needs to learn to tune it before they shoot a video.

I've yet to hear a gas-powered rc engine that sounds good anyway. I hope they come out with a roller or some variant you can throw a nitro engine in.

I've yet to hear a gas-powered rc engine that sounds good anyway. I hope they come out with a roller or some variant you can throw a nitro engine in.

I believe that would be a XXL wouldn't it? I have never really heard a gas powered RC engine I didn't like LOL! If your a real motor head it's pretty much a given you will like anything with a gas powered engine.

I believe that would be a XXL wouldn't it? I have never really heard a gas powered RC engine I didn't like LOL! If your a real motor head it's pretty much a given you will like anything with a gas powered engine.

Damn straight. I'm a nitro head. ;-)

Also, didn't realize it was the exact same truck save for the 'motor'. Why didn't they just release the motor?

Last edited:
^^^ A blast from the past my friend! The smell of burnt 2 stroke led me back to th site. It feels good to be back!

The xxl2 is pre ordered! Now i have to wait until it ships out on june 5th. :\

I have mine on pre-order as well. I am curious how the motor runs.. I am hoping it runs well because I would like to put that motor on other trucks as well if it works out. So anyone who wants to chop shop one let me know ahead of time :)