Losi LST XXL is back!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh heck yah. I know what I will be putting toward this summer SWEET!!:D Since HPI couldn't deliver guess Losi stepped up nice!

Wow! I guess they showed hpi whos leading in gasoline mt

Leave it to Losi. That's awesome. But that price tag punched me in the face. :boxing:

Last edited:
It's pretty cool, and I give them props for doing it. But, it's also within less than $100 of a nice 1/5 ride. My biggest worry is power to be honest. It weights 13lbs, and has a 5cc engine. My Baja weighed 21lbs, but had a 26cc engine, and I still wanted more. For the guys that want it, I hope the reviews come in good. But I'd definitely wait on reviews and running videos for sure before dropping that kind of coin.

Got to agree with yah there price is kinda steep! Oh well me wants anyhow :hehe:
Agreed, I want one too.

It's pretty cool, and I give them props for doing it. But, it's also within less than $100 of a nice 1/5 ride. My biggest worry is power to be honest. It weights 13lbs, and has a 5cc engine. My Baja weighed 21lbs, but had a 26cc engine, and I still wanted more. For the guys that want it, I hope the reviews come in good. But I'd definitely wait on reviews and running videos for sure before dropping that kind of coin.

Well put. After reading more in depth about this truck, I have the same reservations. Only time, youtube, and reviews will tell.

Call me weird
crazy-1.gif
but, if I buy this truck I would chop shop the engine, ignition system, and fuel tank and in its place I'd drop in a nitro big block, tuned pipe and smaller tank.
I know the engine is the focal selling point of this rig, but I'm not a big fan of Dynamite engines. I love all the features about this truck except the engine.
There, I said it, please don't hurt me.
begood-1.gif

Last edited:
This looks awfully cool. It should be interesting to see how well this performs and if it ever comes out (march?) the HPI Octane does as well.

I wonder what temperature it runs at, all of the 5th scale gasoline powered rides have a fan type system for constant cooling even at idle. Doesn't nitro fuel help with the cooling...

I wonder what temperature it runs at, all of the 5th scale gasoline powered rides have a fan type system for constant cooling even at idle. Doesn't nitro fuel help with the cooling...

I was thinking the same thing. I would think it would over heat easily. I hope it performs well. Looks like it would be easy to transport the engine and ignition into any nitro rig that runs a big block, I really like the idea of it. I used to have a Baja 5b but got tired of lugging the heavy beast around to the bashing grounds and they take so much room to run I couldn't even run it around where I live. Maybe this new setup will help put the gas stuff back into the spot light.

the oil in the 2 stroke mixture will help with the cooling, i would imagine lower temps than a nitro motor. I could be wrong though

the oil in the 2 stroke mixture will help with the cooling, i would imagine lower temps than a nitro motor. I could be wrong though

Yah the oil I would imagine would help. I am an old school 2 stroke guy so I am def on board with giving this a try. I just wander how the power output will be. I remember back in the day the old straight 2 strokers with out the powerbands were kind of turds on the bottom end. Then along came the reed setup and it was like bam those 2 strokers were crazy fast. I still have a Yamaha Banshee in the garage and an old school tri Z with a bored and stroked 282 mill. They belong to my brother but he don't ride any more so I take them out for a rip every once in awhile.

Same here, I loved my Baja, but they eat up room in a hurry. Terrain that will toss a 1/10 or even 1/8 rig around they will pound right through with no trouble. Plus, all the guys I ran with quit for a while, and I had nobody to run with. It got old loading everything up, and sitting there running a 45min tank out of it all by myself. I much prefer racing, or even bashing with others, heck even taking people that don't own anything out and letting them drive my rigs is better than going by yourself IMO, at least for me.

Randy i dont own a RC can't i drive the pede or wraith next time I'm down that way......LOL

LOL........you caught me!! It was only 9, but it put me up close to 17 total which is way too many.....hope you get to come up and join us one sunday!!

---------- Post added at 3:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:49 PM ----------

and now HPI finally has some video out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They both look like they have plenty of rip, the losi sounds just like a nitro engine. I think the Hpi sounds a little better!