Losi LST XXL 2 Unboxing, Break In, Tuning, Tips and Tricks All Here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makuloco2000

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
There hasn't been much talk about this truck besides the negatives, I can tell you my experience with this truck has been mostly positive. I love the truck it sounds great and is tons of fun. I hope to make a consolidated post all about this truck from unboxing all the way to tuning and most importantly Tips and Tricks to make owning this truck fun and reliable not a chore. This will be a multipart video series. I hope this helps owners and prospective buyers get an inside look at what this truck is all about! Also I have made an all R/C channel now as some of you may know me from my R/C videos on FordTechMakuloco channel. The link is below in the signature. R/C Addict Makuloco. To start you off here is the unboxing when she was all new just a few short weeks ago...

Last edited:
If your rough with it like I am my XXL and my LST2-E then you're gonna wanna put TiNi shock shafts, RPM arms, Lunsford turnbuckles (both fo rthe kit and the RPM arms), Aluminum steering knuckles (good luck finding them), and a hardened aluminum chassis brace.

Some people also find it necessary to go with aluminum shock towers if your bashing really hard and some people end up putting the an aftermarket steering link. And I would go with the LST2 Wing too just for looks :) These hop ups dont really need to be done unless you have problems but Id do the initial ones ASAP.

I've got a few more videos up on this truck. Next up we get out and get it dirty at a great bashing site I found to see what this thing can do.

The big question i have is how does the gas version perform in comparison to the nitro version? :)

The big question i have is how does the gas version perform in comparison to the nitro version? :)
I heard nitro is more powerful but as you will see in a future video this thing has plenty of power for the weight of the vehicle I thought it would be slow dog but this thing moves without being overly powerful and uncontrollable.

The ease of tuning and the extra long run times are nice... But the power doesn't compare to that of a nitro. IMO

The ease of tuning and the extra long run times are nice... But the power doesn't compare to that of a nitro. IMO
I have never run a Nitro but I can tell you the power this engine puts out is correctly matched to the truck to make it fun till the last drop of gas in the tank I never get bored.

Back