Losi LST XXL 2 Tearing it up!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makuloco2000

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I love this trucks power, durability and that engine screaming is the best. In these two videos I show off the power, sound and agility that this truck has to offer. I love how when it flips and lands on it's wheels almost every time and you just take off, the fun doesn't stop!

Well thats one way to exercise your dogs lol :) the gas version sounds and looks very similar to the nitro version. I kinda want to pick one of these up but after market support for them has dried up a lot so I'm kinda leaning away from it. IDK, I'll have to see when I have more money :)

the gas version sounds and looks very similar to the nitro version.
I agree. It's hard to tell the nitro and gas version apart from the sound. I think I might still be leaning more toward a Savage.

I still want one of these tings one day , I have the savage and love it .sure its not the fastest rig I have but that's not the point.
how much fuel have you got through this thing mate? I've done about 12 tanks and its still getting better and better.

Frankly I'm shocked that interest in the LST2/XXL has dwindled over the past few years. Out of the Savage, MGT and the XXL I think the XXL is the best of the bunch. I'm pretty sure Id prefer it over the Traxxas kits too but I've never owned them so I can't say for certain. I'm hoping Losi does something to revitalize the kit and stimulate more hop up parts being produced :)

when I bought my octane I did a lot of research ,sure the octane costs more but to me it comes with more gear out of the box but it does handle like poo.
after dropping $1100 on the truck and probably another $500 in upgrades I can say I'm happy with it but then again I'm not really a savage guy , I wanted the xxl but it got delayed plus here in Australia there is no support for the xxl whatsoever plus to keep the warranty on the xxl I would have to run losi 2 stoke oil which over here is $30 a bottle! .I personally spoke to the hpi rep for oz and was told as long as I run a 25:1 ratio warranty will cover me ,good thing I work for a hardware store....

it can be very taxing sometimes ,stuff aint cheap and when you find a good deal on something chances are they wont ship outside the us....

I still want one of these tings one day , I have the savage and love it .sure its not the fastest rig I have but that's not the point.
how much fuel have you got through this thing mate? I've done about 12 tanks and its still getting better and better.
I have gone though about 7 tanks now. I actually was just able to start driving it again today. I cracked the chassis in half and that was a process to change out. I was so excited to drive it again today I was only on my lawn and it was 17 degrees out but man this thing hauls and sounds so good. It does seem to run better and better as it breaks in.

How does the engine sound so far @Makuloco2000? I've seen several instances where people having issues with rods busting.

How does the engine sound so far @Makuloco2000? I've seen several instances where people having issues with rods busting.
Oh it sounds strong going into tank 9 I guess I am one of the lucky ones this engine has ben trouble free for me so far.

Sounds a tad lean on the low end to me. That could be part of why it dies sometimes on the off throttle bumps.

I am glad to see the gas has some pep to it,makes me want one.

Back