losi lst with lrp 28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyw76

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi just bought a losi lst with a lrp 28 engine the guy i bought it off has only put 4 tanks of fuel threw the engine not even really run in yet i took it out for the first time today and was not hitting second gear so adjusted back to factory setting and still no joy then it came to a stand still with engine still running i think i have broken the trans output shaft as it was very loss at the ends has anyone any advice why this has happened and what to do

thanks mat

First do you know what exactly broke? Guessing does not solve it. If the owner says four tanks, what type of break in method? My opinion, the engine is not fullly broke in and needs to be which is why it does not shift yet.

Yeah... if he ran 4 tanks through it, that's a start of the break-in process for the LRP28. Mine ran like a dog until tank 6 and I didn't start leaning it until tank 8 or 9 (with heat cycles in between tanks). It didn't really start putting down the power until I hit 3/4 gallon. Then it started to tune easier, idle better, start easier and run cooler.