losi lst vs e-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salinasma

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a friend that is going to be up against an all aluminum e-maxx that is running two 10 turn singles and eight cell packs for each one. They are going to be doing a tug war. My friend has an lst he is going to be running a wasp .28 four gear differentials with 125k oil, all of his drive train is cvd. And will be running 40 sires road hogs. Should we go with the titanium spur gears? So dose any one have any input that my help us. Or whom do you think will win this one.

I think it all going to depend on gearing and exspecialy traction. I have seen a 6 cyl out pull a v8 to much power will cause wheel spin and if that happens its all over. What type of tires does the Maxx have and do you know what the surface you guys will be trying this on. I'm curious which will win keep us updated on what happens Pics would be cool also.

The maxx will be running foams. And well will be on pavement. This will probably take place in mid to late April. Right now we are building up the lst just have a few more little things till its done.

id lay money on the emaxx

Tell me why you go with the emaxx

by far I'm no expert but i know electric motors have tons of power and torqe ..and with the emaxx power gos straight from the motor to the transmision with the lst you have the clutch and slipper clutch to lose power through now you can tighten the slipper all the way down but if you do i think the lst will lose AND have a screwed up drivtrain & a stripped spur gear ...if your friend does this i see a broken lst in his future

E-Maxx....Electric motors have instant torque.....they will overpower the LST before it's torque band kicks in....when it does kick you will be loosing traction already and won't come back....Unless the E-maxx is way lighter than I'm assuming.......I used an E-maxx to pull me on my longboard and it rocks....

I had an E-Maxx and it tore up in first gear and that was with stock motors. i just can't imagine what it would do with those in it. trust me they have so much torque off the line i would be suprised if the E-Maxx beat the Shii out of the LST. he should make the front & back heavier it he really wants to win b/c it will pop wheelies like no other. So if i had to put my money on it E-Maxx it is

the 10 turn motors won't have the same torque as the stock, but it should still stomp the LST into a puddle and walk it dry....

Ya the e maxx would win. and it isnt a good idea to play tug of war with a nitro and electric MT. If u tried to win with the LST u would quickly burn up the motor

the rules are that the first one to pull two feet. or if nothing happens with in 30 seconds than its a draw.

**picturing a nitro going wot for 30 seconds while being held in place** ..shudders

dang now I'm going to have nightmares ...bad idea

I use my lst for pulling in rc monster motorsports in orlando if he loses to that emaxx I'll personally come over there and smack him, LOL just kidding, I run stock .26 w/ a new jp-1 pipe w/ the ti spur gears 100k silicone in the diffs, jumbo claw dawgs four in the back two in the front, sway bars to help w/ traction and a lot of weight! not added weight but aluminum and so fourth, I won the last heavy weight pull pulling 80lbs about 30 ft,before I added all this and stripped out the wheel hexes and stock spurs, you need aluminum wheel hexes or they will strip I didn't get to tug of war because of the damage during the pull, we go at it tomorrow!!!!I plan on pulling the current tug of war champ w/ his MGT!

thanks for the support maxxFX and the info. let me know how you do. and as soon as we have our show down i will post pic's.

so dose any one else out there have any more info or support.

I aam almost positive thew e-maxx will win. As said before electrcs have instant tourqe, nitros build up to tourqe.

Hey, i have a LST that has jumbo billet wheels,jumbo cheverons,aluminum arms,roll bar,crazy nut cooling head,and i highly modified .26,but have (2) sirio .27 for back up,more upgrades to come.I have to go with the LST as far as the winner,reason:the truck in lo gear has enough torque to pull a house down.

My neighbor has E-maxx with Novak maxx brushless system. He can outrun my Collari Savage on top but if we hooked up he would look like the tin cans behind a "just married" car. The weight of the LST will help win this one. Just put it in low, hold him still and watch his trigger finger, If he lets off at all GUN IT!! You'll yank his damn bumper off!!!!

AAAHHHH but if he doesn't let off because he dosn't need to w/ electric you won't get the chance....Electric gets all the torque instantly...I think once he starts pulling from the start the LST won't have time to recover....has this contest happened yet????

With all that instant torque the front end will come off the ground, then he will have to let up. When he does pull the poop out of him. Even if he doesn't let off I think the LST will take it. They are two totally different monsters, so I'm just taking a shot in the dark. Besides this is all about fun, if he takes you just keep plugging away until you beat him!

Back