losi lst shocks on the t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior550

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone tried to use the huge lst shocks on their maxx? I have only heard good things about them monster shocks.

i don't think they will fit. I've seen the LST and those shocks are friggin enormous. Way too big for the Maxx I'd think. Unless that is, you have the ability to make custom parts yadda yadda yadda....

Like lessen said, I think they will be too big. I think they will be too big for just about any truck, just because on most trucks the shocks run through the A-arms, and I don't think they will fit.

Yeah I realize they won't fit on the stock A arms, but I was thinking of modifing them so they could work. I really like the look of the large shock. Makes it look more realistic. Eaiser to tune a suspension with only 4 shocks, but I don't want to go with the 1/8 size.

hmm. I'm not sure those upper arms could be modified enough for those shocks to work while still retaining their structural integrity. If you have the means to maybe make your own custom arms I say go for it (or know somebody who can), but otherwise I don't think there's anyway to make it work. I think it'd be cool as hell though

I think the only way to mount those shocks would be to somhow mount the shock underneith the shock tower. that is the only way they would go through the upper A-arm. But then you have to make sure they are secure and won't be able to move. Good luck with it.

I have access to a vertical mill so I might try to make them out of aluminum and see how it goes.

The losi shocks are way longer than maxx shocks. I saw a pic of one by a savage shock and they are the same length. I think you would have crappy shock travel unless you made shock towers that were an inch taller.