Losi LST Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcal626

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Boating
I finally have my Losi LST running great with the new big red monster motor .28 recently bought new tires makes a huge difference in looks. 17mm tire I had to pick up the hub adapters with little modifications are for a traxxs. Only thing I might want to update are the servos but definitely the remote control. Any suggestions would be great.
8C84B8FD-CCAA-43E4-902A-2287272DA552.jpeg

0291EF1B-0F3A-49AE-84CA-EFA0785FBA0C.jpeg

E03CF1E8-F306-4FB2-A217-D81BFF9C1F30.jpeg

CF1A6402-1F71-40AC-8DE1-996FF1ED9B8E.jpeg

7C8AFB75-E191-4420-8AE3-F8C0FD9AE633.jpeg

1E878C0F-1B1F-48C9-B854-32AA88773823.jpeg

Nice i heard the flysky gt5 is good and you can add a kill switch to it through its progtamming

Nice i heard the flysky gt5 is good and you can add a kill switch to it through its progtamming
Thanks for the reply, I will look into it.

A good lower price transmitter is the Flysky FS-GT3B, a good middle ranged transmitter is the Spektrum DX5C, and a spendy but awesome quality transmitter is a Futaba.

A good lower price transmitter is the Flysky FS-GT3B, a good middle ranged transmitter is the Spektrum DX5C, and a spendy but awesome quality transmitter is a Futaba.
I've heard of them and i will probably get one as my next transmitter since i have a few cars without a transmitter at the moment. But i suggested the gt5 since its 6 channel with a few settings that are useful for nitros

I have the Flysky and Spektrum but someday I'll have the Futaba.

I've heard of them and i will probably get one as my next transmitter since i have a few cars without a transmitter at the moment. But i suggested the gt5 since its 6 channel with a few settings that are useful for nitros
Yeah, if you have a little extra cash, the GT5 is a better option. The 6 channel receivers are a bit big, but you can also use a 3 channel receiver with it. Having a really nice 4 wheel steering setup makes the GT5 a killer radio too.

I have the Flysky and Spektrum but someday I'll have the Futaba.
I think the only question for the flysky. Would I be able to program the servo which is used for forward and reverse. On my current remote there is a toggle switch. Which controls that motion.

On the receivers there is a port just for the steering servo. There are 2, 3, or more I'm sure, channels you can purchase for the Flysky.
With a nitro rig, it's usually channel one for the steering servo and channel two for the throttle servo. If it's a electric then channel two is for the ESC.
If you buy the Spekrum then be sure to purchase one that comes with the receiver because they are DSMR and nothing else will work. As far as binding the transmitter to the receiver, the Spektrum system is as easy as it gets.
You can also buy separate receivers and use the transmitters with other rigs.

Last edited:
On the receivers there is a port just for the steering servo. There are 2, 3, or more I'm sure, channels you can purchase for the Flysky.
With a nitro rig, it's usually channel one for the steering servo and channel two for the throttle servo. It it's a electric then channel two is for the ESC.
If you buy the Spekrum then be sure to purchase one that comes with the receiver because they are DSMR and nothing else will work. As far as binding the transmitter to the receiver, the Spektrum system is as easy as it gets.
You can also buy separate receivers and use the transmitters with other rigs.
Can’t thank you enough for your info…. Really helpful

My pleasure my man, that's what we are here for. Others will chime in I'm sure and give there favorite suggestions.

I'm far from knowledgeable but I do hang out here because some of these guys need a verbal punching bag and they pick on me but I like it... :D
They're just jealous cus I have pretty teeth.