Losi 5t gas or slayer nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasheets

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Have had both tmaxx and revo nitro and loved them. Thought about splurging on the Losi gas 5t. Been out of it for awhile. Have three kids that are bound to want to drive under supervision. I cannot decide btw the slayer 3.3 4wdr or the Losi dbl gas buggy or gas 5 t truck. Any suggestions?

First, eelcome to RCTalk @dasheets!

As for what RC to get from the ones you've listed - in my opinion, I'd go with the Losi 5T or DBXL 2.0 all day. Nitro is fun, but there is something about gas that is just spectacular. Not just the sound, easier maintenance, but the size difference is just awesome.

Theres a huge difference between a 1/10 scale Slayer and the Losi kits which are 1/5 scale. IDK how old your kids are but I dont think Id want to turn pre-teen kids loose with a 1/5 scale unless you have a ton of wide open space to run it. If thats not a problem then Id say go for one of the Losi kits. Its a different monster from a 1/10 scale nitro

Theres a huge difference between a 1/10 scale Slayer and the Losi kits which are 1/5 scale. IDK how old your kids are but I dont think Id want to turn pre-teen kids loose with a 1/5 scale unless you have a ton of wide open space to run it. If thats not a problem then Id say go for one of the Losi kits. Its a different monster from a 1/10 scale nitro
I’m a mechanic and love working on these things. Just trying to figure which model I would get the most out of. I have the money but the Losi is so big. But I always wanted gas rc. I like that the slayer has two speed transmission
I’m a mechanic and love working on these things. Just trying to figure which model I would get the most out of. I have the money but the Losi is so big. But I always wanted gas rc. I like that the slayer has two speed transmission

If you have a spot to run one ,go for it ,they cost more but you may save more in fuel cost ,the cost
of nitro is a lot an if you can't get it local ,you would have to order it ,also the price of glo plugs
an spare parts that may break for nitro RC's.

My Baja is much cheaper to run than my nitro's ,there is also other brands of 5th scale that you
can look into other than the Losi brand ,you will pay more for the name!..:thumbs-up::cool:

If you have a spot to run one ,go for it ,they cost more but you may save more in fuel cost ,the cost
of nitro is a lot an if you can't get it local ,you would have to order it ,also the price of glo plugs
an spare parts that may break for nitro RC's.

My Baja is much cheaper to run than my nitro's ,there is also other brands of 5th scale that you
can look into other than the Losi brand ,you will pay more for the name!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Good point. Are there other gas rc with the same reputation and quality u recommend

Good point. Are there other gas rc with the same reputation and quality u recommend

Yes there is ,Fearless RC ,they are next level
they sell RTR's & kits!

https://www.fearlessrc.com/

A roller kit.
1666227122405.png

The RTR. with 29cc engine.

1666227188616.png

45cc model.

1666227359680.png

Last edited:
Welcome in @dasheets , I would go with the Losi 5T. Gas rigs are a ton of fun. I have two Baja 5b's , one of them I just finished building.

Back