Losi 5t (1.0) CY29cc Dynamite to 62cc G620PU - Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@monstertruckier15 the link you sent shipping was set for April arrival ? it has been one helluva rough intro to this hobby. I'm undeterred so far. I've rebuilt loads of two stroke dirt bikes so figured this would be straight forward, NOPE, its a whole new world!

Bought it now!

Is there like a rc crash course somewhere lol

Last edited:
I think that G620PU was nothing but problems for you. it needed a lot of work to put in. Better of sticking with CY or Zenoah. I have a Rovan 30.5 cc and never had problems.
If in the future you do go Zenoah make sure to get a new half clutch housing. The Cy half clutch housing is different from Zenoah. You will be asked or select if you order.

Agreed, I feel like such a fool. But now I know. Once I sell this motor I'll get something with a little more zap to it. For now I'll rebuild the CY, , thanks for your help and patience

I have a Zenoah G320 just sitting in the box for a spare.

DDM has the best price when on sale $250

@monste unfortunately the cylinder you found was the wrong one. I can't seem to win for losing.

20210107_185214.jpg

Attachments

• 20210107_185209.jpg
    20210107_185209.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
This is what I was trying to explain to you previously. You can not find a top end for it. Anyway thans for the help, I have a good idea what needs to happen from here. Take care

That's why I never bought the losi with the dynanite cy engine. It was junk from the start and more expensive as a upgrade and parts were hard to get. I waited until standard parts were available. Best of luck Either get a zenoah or a Rovan motor. Stay away fron CY.

Yeah if you can recall the topic of this post lol I'm in this position because I was attempting to replace the motor with a zenoah (I was mislead with the wrong model) but nevertheless hahahaha

I tried:oops:. I didn't know the that the cylinder holes were different. 2 and 4 bolt are standard now so it would have worked. The cy Dynamite you have wasn't and is discontinued unless you buy a new motor. I wouldn't buy a new dynamite cy motor. Go standard. I like my Rovan 30.5 cc.

I would stop right there. From what you are describing, you are trying to install a 62cc engine into a Losi car. Bad idea! What your trying to do will just destroy the car probably. To install an engine that size you need a chassis that is metal. The only people that I know of with the necessary experience with engines this size is in the UK. They sell engines all the way up to 80cc and these engines are meant for 1/5 scale RC. Very important. They also sell the cars and parts you will need. Their website is:

https://www.rcmax.co.uk/

look there before doing anything, please!

Papabear

Back