Losi 5t (1.0) CY29cc Dynamite to 62cc G620PU - Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi62

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First and foremost, I am very green here (1/1/21), so please educate me don't "bash" me. I'm feeling my way through this and learning the ropes quickly (I think)

Ok I have a losi 29cc CY engine dynamite engine that I seized, I did a big good move and used the wrong gas. I ride several models of two stroke dirt bikes and juggle a few cans around and so...it happened. lesson learned. Anyway I came across a great deal locally on a 62cc Gp620pu engine, it came with a pipe I believe is not useable for my losi unless I run without the cover, carb, air filter, magneto and some gaskets.

I am trying to figure out what exactly do I need to mount/install this motor in the car. I understand its a big of an effort but thats beside the point. I've found some articles online about the skopod, and a install kit but for the life of me I can not find it for sale anywhere. Additionally, there is extremely little information that details the install of this.

Is there anyone out there who knows what this process is, and can guide me? I'll post up some pictures of what I have. As a matter of fact we can detail the build through this thread together lol.

Thanks!

airplane motor to a ground rc .interesting . gonna have to fab a motor mount.. and think about a way to get a drive gear on that beast.. sorry dont know all the details but my brain does like a good workout every now and then...color code your gas so you dont have that mistake again..make a key some where that you can see. use nail polish on smaller stuff so right gas goes in

Your best bet it to forget about that and get you a new engine that fits without all the mods. You also need to take into consideration that your RC vehicle is not built to withstand the extreme power of an engine the size of what you're trying to fit and it will rip it apart. Stick with something close to what it was designed to handle. https://www.kingmotorrc.com/product-kmkg340. This is a link for a 32cc engine.

Big bucks and a lot of work. Rovan rc has a 45 cc drop in motor or OBR has motors The only was to seize the motor was to use straight gas. I have run up to 50:1 no problems.

airplane motor to a ground rc .interesting . gonna have to fab a motor mount.. and think about a way to get a drive gear on that beast.. sorry dont know all the details but my brain does like a good workout every now and then...color code your gas so you dont have that mistake again..make a key some where that you can see. use nail polish on smaller stuff so right gas goes in
Here is a mounting plate that I found,, horizon also carries it.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZENOAH-ENG...-/263097785079?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Here is the mounting plate, horizon also carries it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZENOAH-ENG...-/263097785079?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Here is a picture of the old motor

20201231_104348.jpg

Here is the new
20201231_104304.jpg

I have sourced the exhaust, but coming off a CY engine I need to know what parts. Like which clutch housing, fan cover will I need since my blown motor is a cy and not compatible. For example (below is a completed drop in 62cc motor) what part is #1 and #2? As I have the cy engine, those don't mount up to the new one.

20210102_071519.jpg

Last edited:
Big bucks and a lot of work. Rovan rc has a 45 cc drop in motor or OBR has motors The only was to seize the motor was to use straight gas. I have run up to 50:1 no problems.
Yup I accidentally ran straight gas. It was a goof moment for sure but $#it happens. Anyway, I know this motor mounts in I just need guidance on what parts I need based off what parts I have. I am familiar with obr and spoken with them but ended up getting this motor as a winter project.

They sure are, but this is not the point of this project.
Also, with my Original motor there are no top end kits so either way a new motor would need to be purchased.

I am really looking for someone with experience on the subject matter

Sorry this is my old motor, I've spoken a few times with the guys at OBR, the 4bolt pattern is different on this motor and there is no top end kit for it.
16096055353984386210643915517045.jpg

To simplify this 1,2,3,4 on my old motor do not mount to the new motor. Can anyone tell me what parts will mount to it. Although its a 62cc, would I order the parts off say a Zenoah 29cc?

20210102_084340.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I mean I'm willing to get a top end and work on this 62 on the side I just don't know up from down at this point and getting conflicting information all over the place. But I guess I misunderstood what Sean stated to me.

Screenshot_20210102-094222_Gmail.jpg

Exactly what I said! I linked what you needed. Engines came in 2 bolt and 4 bolt heads. I would do a top end kit. They are cheaper than trying to put that g620 in. The clutch kit alone is more than a top kit. I will never put anything bigger than a 45cc motor in with a 54 mm clutch cars. Zenoah motors are nice and OBR has good prices but they don't have what you need cheap. I only suggested as whole motors. Dave discount motors has good replacement parts for zenoah and cy. Ebay is where you need to go.

Thanks man, I'm kind of banging my head against the wall on this one. I didn't realize what I had got myself into. I'm going to sell this 62 motor and pick up something from obr. The seller of the 62 motor listed as for an rc car, and I seen a few vids online with the losi set up with it but it turns out it was a different motor and the seller didn't know what he had. Tough lesson....

I'll be back :)

Back