Losi 22s SCT or Associated SC10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn27

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. Looking to get into RC racing. I've had some assorted nitro buggies but I want to get more serious. I think I'm down to either the 22s SCT Brushless by Losi or the ProSC10 by Associated. Pros and Cons of each brand, along with Pros and Cons of brushed vs. brushless for RC racing. Thanks Guys!

Brushless all the way for racing. You'll want to get a nice sensored combo. Make sure you check what classes your track runs before buying. (2wd sct, 4wd sct, spec class motor or open mod, etc)

Both brands are good with Associated having a little better aftermarket support if that's important to you.
Also check what guys at your track run more. Not saying to "get what they do" but you'll be able to get a lot of your questions answered for your particular model if a bunch of guys are familiar with them such as setups and whatnot, or may have spares handy if you break and don't have your own.

Is 2wd as difficult to race as some people say? Would it be worth it to put extra cash towards the Losi Tenacity?

Is 2wd as difficult to race as some people say? Would it be worth it to put extra cash towards the Losi Tenacity?
seems that there is more aftermarket support for the losi 22s sct over the tenacity.
2wd is very different to run, whole different type of running than a 4wd, I've never raced let alone 2wd, but alot more throttle control seems to be needed for 2wd trucks. if it was indoor type/mats, might be a different story, but on looser ground, quite a bit more slippage.

2wd will teach you better throttle control and make you a better driver overall. If you can drive a 2wd on dirt, you can drive anything :)
Plus it's way easier to maintain and less parts to break ;)

If racing, the Associated PROSC10 is a much better than the Losi 22S SCT. You get a lot more tuning options and aftermarket part options with the PROSC10. One thing to keep in mind is that both vehicles are rear motor which is generally preferred for low to medium grip tracks. For medium to high grip tracks, most are running the mid engine 2wd short course trucks such as the Associated SC5M, SC6.1, Losi 22SCT 3.0 and Kyosho SC6. The mid engine trucks tend to rotate the center better but need good rear grip since they don't have as much weight in the rear of the truck.

The Losi 22sct comes with both options when you build the kit, rear or mid motor configurations.

I think he's talking about the Losi 22S SCT which is rear motor only and has a battery door that lets you change it from the bottom of the chassis.

I think he's talking about the Losi 22S SCT which is rear motor only and has a battery door that lets you change it from the bottom of the chassis.
Very helpful guys. Prosc10 it is. Thanks!

Back