losi 1/8 810 buggy RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevytmaxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i'm thinking about getting one for my son he likes the buggys i know its cheaper than the 8 but is it worth it?

From what I've seen, they're pretty good. We sold one at my shop and it's been back twice, once he lost a screw and the next he went WOT into a mailbox and ripped a front arm off. I'm not 100% sure but you should be able to convert it to a Ten-T if he gets tired of the buggy, or just wants to mix it up.

Ya he has an electric walmart POS he got for christmas from the in-laws lol. He is bored with it. I actually made a track a month ago at my grandparents in the country so wont have to worry about mailboxes. He wants the nitro mostly because it sounds cool. And with tax season coming around i figured i would help him out in that department.

How old is he?

---------- Post added at 6:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:31 PM ----------

Never mind, I just noticed he wants the sound of nitro.

4 ha if you only knew....... tell him what and how to do it hes on it lol

Last edited:
So if i were to look for parts which i have done a little research wheres the best place for 810 parts seems like the ten t and 810 have quite a few parts in common.

I'm not too sure, I know Losi has their line of upgrades but I'm not sure how big the aftermarket is for them. I'd check the normal places first, amain, horizon, tower and e-bay.

I'd really recommend an electric for a kid that young though. With electrics, you can control their speed by putting weaker batteries in. Traxxas has the Bandit, it's a 2wd buggy and it's esc has a training mode built it, it'll only have 50% power in training mode. Little kids and nitro worry me, the fact that the engine and exhaust are well over 200 degrees, all it'll take is grabbing the pipe on accident.

o he will be supervised. not sure really what I'm going to get him just asking questions. Ya i liked the micro losi's those are pretty sweet. I wish you knew my family haha 4 year olds and go karts , 50cc dirt bikes, four wheelers.....jus the norm haha. And yes supervised they have to much fun i dont like to shelter my kid obviously lol he loves it.

I'd really recommend an electric for a kid that young though. With electrics, you can control their speed by putting weaker batteries in. Traxxas has the Bandit, it's a 2wd buggy and it's esc has a training mode built it, it'll only have 50% power in training mode. Little kids and nitro worry me, the fact that the engine and exhaust are well over 200 degrees, all it'll take is grabbing the pipe on accident.

I look at it this way, like my pup licking the wall socket today! He'll only do it once!

The 810 can be converted into the ten T. Theres not a lot of differences between them. The 810 and the Ten T while being decent kits never really gained the popularity that Losi had hoped for. The Ten T being one of a very small number of 1/10 scale truggies and the 810 has been overshadowed by the Losi 8ight. That being said after market hop ups are not ecaxtly plentiful although some can be found. Personally Id look at the Losi 8ight buggy or if its not in your budget then Id look to one of the cheaper OFNA kits, either the Hyper 7 or the Ultra LX2. Both of those kits can be had for about $300 bucks RTR. Theyre no where near the quality level of the 8ight but for just everyday bashing they are great kits.

Licked a wall socket or touched the exhaust? Please say touched the exhaust!

Both!! :hehe:

I burned my forearm once with my Losi, I had to get it out of a water puddle real quick and I picked it up by the roll bar, when I turned it upside down, it spun and the pipe hit my arm leaving a nice burn spot. Then my Rustler went into a cartwheel towards my wife's car, I reached down and grabbed it before it hit and sure enough, I got a handful of....well I don't want to say pipe....Alpine will jump all over that one, so we'll go with exhaust.

Do the losi's require a starter box? I was looking online and didnt see any pull start or anything.

---------- Post added at 8:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:37 PM ----------

Nevermind didnt look hard enough lol. Anyways are starter boxes worth buying or jus as easy for pull start.

I've used both, honestly on 1/10th I like a starter box, but you might want to use a box from the get go, that way he can learn how to start it much easier/sooner than him trying to tug on a ps.

True but for now daddy's doing the starting lol i was jus curious only thing he will be doing is driving it haha as he gets older he will get the oppurtunity to do more but as of now no lol.

of course but if he watches you using a pullstart thats is how he might want to start later on. a starter box is 10x better than any roto start imo, but for me I like ps, because there is no extra battery needed to start the truck.

I see a pullstarter on the photo at horizon:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/a-LOSB0021#t2
LOSB0021_a5?$pdpLand$.jpg

I give your little mini me you have there 4 months before He is starting and checking temps himself. Just do the initial tune for him and he's golden :)

1. fill tank
2. Turn electronics on
3.insert glow ignitor
4.pull the starter cord

Point this thing at the top of the motor , if the number is over 210, turn it off and come get daddy.

Hes got it dude! :)

Back