Looking to buy my first Stadium Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Trying not to spend a whole lot on my first one. Don't race but do plan on taking this to the local track a few times to see how I can handle a track. So mostly bashing and running around in the yard and local soccer field and on my street. I am looking at the Associated RC10T4.1 Anyone running this rig? If so what are the views on it?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYYD9**&P=ML

hmm...not that i care but didnt you already post this exact same post....like to the T...hell maybe I've got the espn or something...

hmm...not that i care but didnt you already post this exact same post....like to the T...hell maybe I've got the espn or something...

And maybe you didn't read where he accidently posted his question in the Truggy forum. He said he was totally new and thougt it was a truggy. So, he posted up in the correct forum. Not that you care but you cared enough to point it out...

Looks like one sexy stadium truck. Good pick.

Sent from my X10a

Again its a solid rig to get started with and theres alot of aftermarket support when your ready for upgrades to it. My only concern is if your just mainly looking to bash than you may not like the low ground clearance. Something 4x4 with a higher stance may be better off for bashing applications. Dont get me wrong its a solid rig just geared more towards racing than bashing.

Thanks guys and yes i did accidently post this in the other forum, but I am not sure how to delete a thread. And thanks for the input from everyone else. And thanks for the back up addict! I do have a t maxx and a summit, so I was worried about the ground clearance, but I also have a 1/18th scale recon that has very minimal clearance. So I have taking this into consideration, but I am not planning on bashing this rig in the same way i do my 4x4's. Really I want to try something different and really want to try getting into running at a track to see if racing is something I can eventually get into and start to do. I figured this truck would be a good one to start with because if I don't really like the track this rig looks like it would be a good street and flat offroad running.

^ dont worry it was a common mistake. Usually getting into the hobby the stadium truck and truggy sometimes just look the same. But yeah i think you chose a great truck and I'm sure youll have alot of fun with it.

Another cool thing is, it looks like its possible a good race ready truck also considering associated is awesome !! so if you ever do get more into the hobby and wanna try to race, youll be able to ! but most of all just have some fun !!

i have one, its a track only car. you could run it on putting greens and really short kentucky blue grass but thats about it forget running in grass cut over 3 inches. but if your a basher and this is your first times going to a track, you will be quickly addicted. bashing will become a thing of the past! get one and go to track weekly then when you get good maybe club race. its a ton of fun :)

^ i gotta agree, track driving atleast for me is more fun than bashing... I love track enough to try to make one down the street and i drive at it all the time.. still gotta get more work put in it though but track is awesome.

Now I almost prefer the opposite. Track driving is a great time, but bashing on it is even better. Going off jumps the wrong way, cutting thru other lanes without going around the corners. Its all good fun. Just like the idea of driving and doing whatever I want as opposed to a race that is or can be very strick with rules.

The only track I have done is my neighbors small mx/rc track, and it is really fun, but its so hard still to get my rig around the other side of the track where I am and determine how much to turn to go around a bend or right throttle to hit a jump without having to book it across the track to flip it. Lol but yeah its way fun IMO

"Blips" of both the throttle and steering was how I learned. Dont try to go around the track as fast as you can. You will actually find that slow and steady is actually faster. Once you get the depth perception down than you can start looking at powerslides around the tight turns!

Hey guys i just won a nitro sport on fleebay,any sugg. on a new mill for this build.I want to make a baja bug out of it will a sc10 body work on it? thanks

sorry i posted this topic on your post I'm such a dipsh*t sometimes

So this being 2wd makes it a stadium truck but the rc10 44.1t would be a truggy? Confusing lol. Well I guess not now that I get it.

So this being 2wd makes it a stadium truck but the rc10 44.1t would be a truggy? Confusing lol. Well I guess not now that I get it.

no its like a dex410, its a buggy. truggies are huge! have bigger tires longer a arms etc...

Also the confusion I had may be due to the fact that Associated and Tower hobbies both label this as a Truggy in advertisment on their sites and in magazines.

do you have a GOOD hobby shop that can get parts?

I hardly ever use either of my 3 LHS because their prices compared to Tower are just rediculously high and even at that all of them mainly just carry Traxxas stuff. So I usually just have a few extras of commonly broke parts or I just wait the 2 days it takes for the parts from Tower to get to me.

Back