looking to buy airbrush paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know the guys behind the counter then talk to them and see if they'll sell you smaller amounts. It really depends on the color and the person mixing it. You'll just have to see what they're willing to do. Let them know that you want the low end paint and base coat is fine for what you need. I think Oreillys carries Nason for a low end.

Yep, been thinking of painting my tricycle but I can't figure out what color!lol

Ha, was gona stay off this one. but HAHAHAHA This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard!!!!! I wana see this 1:1 paint job. What is it, brushed on latex house paint?

Ha, was gona stay off this one. but HAHAHAHA This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard!!!!! I wana see this 1:1 paint job. What is it, brushed on latex house paint?

LMFAO! probably water based at that!:hehe:

Coming from a kid who makes $1200 a month, and your worried you might spend to much money on paint?...

And like everyone else said,
You CAN'T fix it.

What is it, brushed on latex house paint?

Don't be ridiculous. It's much easier to use a roller. :D

I give up. You CAN'T fix it...

Rolex, pal, can you bend the rules just this once? Please, for the love of sanity's sake!

Sorry, can't do it. Besides, reading these threads makes me think that I'M sane. :p:

Quart, you can either get your paints for the airbrush through Tower on line or find a local art supply and get them there, or go to a local hardware store and get Rustoleum or Krylon in a rattle can. You don't have a lot of options with Lexan.
If you buy auto paint, you'll need to have the flex agent added to it. No problem if you're willing to spend $115 a quart, quaart.

well i spent of 2grand at oriellys

Coming from a kid who makes $1200 a month, and your worried you might spend to much money on paint?...

This is exactly why folks get frustrated with you. You make great money for a kid and you obviously don't have a problem spending it at Oriellys... then you complain about the cost of a 2oz. bottle of r/c paint? C'mon man, seriously..

Quart, you can either get your paints for the airbrush through Tower on line or find a local art supply and get them there, or go to a local hardware store and get Rustoleum or Krylon in a rattle can. You don't have a lot of options with Lexan.
If you buy auto paint, you'll need to have the flex agent added to it. No problem if you're willing to spend $115 a quart, quaart.

Rolex is right bud. Save yourself some headache and purchase the proper paint online. Then if you have questions about painting we'll be able to help you rather than tell you we don't know because you're using automotive paint. It's just easier if you purchase hobby items for your hobby. You'll get more consistant results and you'll have a better idea what to expect, plus you'll get help that will actually help rather than throwing darts blindly.

This is not a cheap hobby kid. I'm sorry to say it but if you're gonna complaint about every 10 or $15 purchase then you need to find a less expensive vise.

You could post it in the right forum also...

p.s. your a moron.

I'm not real opinionated either way. When I first got into te hobby I was painting cars so all of my lids got candied or flaked for nothing. Of course when you use candy it will kindof act as flex and most base coats are urethane based and work fairly well on lexan. Even single stage for the most part has gon to Acrylic urethane instead of enamel. Basiclly you hardly have to use flex period in the industry anymore even though some car manufacturers will suggest it. I've used hobby paint as well and its not any better or worse for me. JMHO qaart is going to do whatever the heck he wants regardless of what the rest of us have to say anyways. I think hes on here just to agitate the rest of us. I was only trying to help him in the beginning of this and the kid just does'nt listen. For all I care he can use water color.

JMHO qaart is going to do whatever the heck he wants regardless of what the rest of us have to say anyways.

That certainly is the standard that he has set for himself.

HIM: so what do you guys think about this?

EVERYBODY ELSE: I think you should do this...

HIM: well, I don't think that's a good idea. I'm gonna do it the cheapest and most ineffective way possible anyways.

EVERYBODY ELSE: you're a moron.

ya i got automotive stores also I'm will be painting my real truck i already made it flat black now i have to airbrush the skeltons in with the flames behind them
"also I'm will be" WTF!? and you're painting Ronda Skeltons on it? hmm odd....

lol he sure keeps it entertaining though. Reminds me that there are dumber people than me in the world.

Back