Looking to buy 4x4 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Hey, I'm in the market for a 4x4 buggy for around 200$ I'm thinking about the aarma typhon 2s. Anyone have any experience with this vehicle or have a suggestion for another one? Thanks. Would like something I can upgrade I'm the future as I love tinkering and customizing.

The Typhon is a really cool buggy and easy to work on. I bought mine because I love to mod myself. I already installed a metal input gear because I snapped the plastic gear the very first run. I also have ordered the 3s slipper which should be here Monday and I have installed a aluminum fixed motor mount. There is definitely is room for improvement for the car but I knew there would be because it is the low man on the totem pole so to speak.... :)

The Typhon is a really cool buggy and easy to work on. I bought mine because I love to mod myself. I already installed a metal input gear because I snapped the plastic gear the very first run. I also have ordered the 3s slipper which should be here Monday and I have installed a aluminum fixed motor mount. There is definitely is room for improvement for the car but I knew there would be because it is the low man on the totem pole so to speak.... :)
Cool..any way you can send me a link to these parts? If I get it Id like to know what parts to order with it. I'd like to upgrade to a 3s capable brushless motor and esc at some point so any plastic gears will have to be replaced. Thanks for your input!

I had to order the center slider driveshaft yesterday because my battery wire connecter got wedged between the chassis and shaft and destroyed both the shaft and connectors.
Forgot to mention, I also run a Hobbywing Max10 brushless system but brushless is a given..... :D

Back