looking for top end powerband pipes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youmadefire?

RC Newbie
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So. I am new to nitro only because I recently got a 1\8 exceed madfire buggy 4x4 with a 2.8 motor in it. I have messed with and even built some nice brushless 1\10 truggies but never nitro. I'm in the process of getting some 25% fuel in it but right now as it sits I would like to know what kind pipe will give me what I want. I know how a two stroke pipe works with history with 2 stroke quads and dirtbikes. I will be using this out in the sand dunes and some bashing and want a top end heavy power band. next after that i would like to bump up the compression if that's possible and do some porting. but first thing first i need help with pipe selection.

ERCM makes some great pipes. They are also a sponsor here. The people that use them swear by them.

ERCM makes some great pipes. They are also a sponsor here. The people that use them swear by them.
I wouldn't put an ERCM on that, as he's running an engine that won't really benefit from it's performance.

I'd recommend getting used to the car before putting a tuned pipe on, more expensive engines tend to benefit more from higher end pipes, the buggy you've got should be plenty fast enough for your use, but if you do want more- 086 pipes should do the job. :)

Back