looking for tire prep options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigeyfpv

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
what are preps are people using besides the 4 oz little bottles being sold here and there? i know about the corn syrup stuff not really in to using that stuff much. are there any bigger bottle of stuff like the stuff used on real cars ? just looking for more options.

A lot (not all ) of the preps sold for the RC drag cars actually is blended with/from the big car stuff.
Using straight big car prep might be a too strong and you'll start burning esc's, stripping spurs etc. especially once a groove starts forming.

I have tried some homemade stuff but it just never worked great for me and was a pain to get of the tires afterwards.
Switched to using the Monster Grip tire preps and have been doing so for a while now and they work great.
You can get it in the 4oz and larger 16oz bottles.

A lot (not all ) of the preps sold for the RC drag cars actually is blended with/from the big car stuff.
Using straight big car prep might be a too strong and you'll start burning esc's, stripping spurs etc. especially once a groove starts forming.

I have tried some homemade stuff but it just never worked great for me and was a pain to get of the tires afterwards.
Switched to using the Monster Grip tire preps and have been doing so for a while now and they work great.
You can get it in the 4oz and larger 16oz bottles.
ok thanks for the tips. i just started with re monster and love the black label stuff so far. so mainly the big car stuff would need to cut to be used on rc is what your saying? i have tried the corn syrup stuff its OK, the red monster stuff let me get my car open up more

Yes it would need to be cut, also it would need to be with something that will allow the product to flash at lower temps.
Big car preps need quite some heat to flash and really bring the tack out.

I haven't tried the Red Monster preps as I have had good success with Monster Grip preps and don't feel the need to change but I'm sure the Red Monster stuff works good as well.

Yes it would need to be cut, also it would need to be with something that will allow the product to flash at lower temps.

I haven't tried the Red Monster preps as I have had good success with Monster Grip preps and don't feel the need to change but I'm sure the Red Monster stuff works good as well.
ok cool so far i love the red monster stuff! the cost is great too. it just hooks for me every time

also what would you have to use to cut the stuff

Last edited:
Back