Looking for a purple tuned pipe that fits an rs4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrcparts

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys, trying to finish a build and am having a hard time finding a tuned pipe thats anodized purple. If anyone knows of any companies that have one let me know. Thanks. Josh

You might be able to get one anodized purple through a service, originals seem very, very rare now. They're occasionally on eBay and go quickly: This one went for $165 last month... that's the savage version, not the RS4, but similar rarity.

Another user here, @Defiant, has done some builds featuring them, they might have a better idea where to find them, but they also gets parts custom-anodized, so they could maybe suggest an affordable service - it would probably cost about as much to buy a "plain" pipe and anodize it, as to find a new-old-stock purple pipe.

I think they're looking for slightly more "pipe" than that.

Last edited:
Good luck. I've been searching. They have left side and right sides. Right ones are absolutely hard to find.

I bought a left purple one a few months back but it was a Duratrax I believe.

Defiant sent me this one not too long ago. Probably the best bet right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3117443613...MIrfKUwfSM_wIVwi6zAB1CRwffEAkYByABEgKSQfD_BwE

@tudordewolf
🤣😆
I need a left side. Its actually for a duratrax street force, i have a few purple ones for duratrax street force but they have daamage. Thanks for the advice
Ill just keep looking

sorry I didn't see this...🤦
I didn't mean to be so dramatic about pointing it out, I lament the number of never-to-be restocked parts out there still listed on vendor pages.

In some cases it's a useful archive; it'd be a big loss if HPI, Kyosho, Traxxas, etc stopped maintaining their legacy pages, but for others, mostly resellers, it's just a cruel reminder of what once was.

I confirm what has been said.. it's really a shame for us hobbyists not being able to recover more parts for our nitro rcs.

I confirm what has been said.. it's really a shame for us hobbyists not being able to recover more parts for our nitro rcs.
Watch ebay with a bankroll is about all you can do unfortunately. I wish I bought the goodies back then.

In 2010 I bought an Edam Spirit 1/10 and after a few years I wanted to buy some spare parts and optional extras but I saw that here in Italy spare parts for this nitro rc were no longer available while elsewhere you could still find them but at really very high prices. I decided to search from private individuals on flea markets like Subito.it and after years I managed to bring home a box full of new parts with also some optional extras at a really low price. I did some calculations on the material cost and it is very close to $1,000. To date I have not found anything like it except for a few sellers around the world.
20230216_115904.jpg

I now have in its original box this beautiful Edam Spirit. modified from RTR to Pro.
20230215_150732.jpg

Watch ebay with a bankroll is about all you can do unfortunately. I wish I bought the goodies back then.
I am looking here in Italy at flea markets if anyone has this exhaust available...I will let you know if I find anything. :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
In 2010 I bought an Edam Spirit 1/10 and after a few years I wanted to buy some spare parts and optional extras but I saw that here in Italy spare parts for this nitro rc were no longer available while elsewhere you could still find them but at really very high prices. I decided to search from private individuals on flea markets like Subito.it and after years I managed to bring home a box full of new parts with also some optional extras at a really low price. I did some calculations on the material cost and it is very close to $1,000. To date I have not found anything like it except for a few sellers around the world.
View attachment 166718
I now have in its original box this beautiful Edam Spirit. modified from RTR to Pro.
View attachment 166719

I am looking here in Italy at flea markets if anyone has this exhaust available...I will let you know if I find anything. :thumbs-up:

I found a rare model I'd been looking for, long-gone anywhere else, in stock in Italy. It was an HSP Starpace, a 1/16th onroad nitro, sold by Himoto.

Italians sure love their tiny cars 😁

Here you go
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314224136079
You might be able to get one anodized purple through a service, originals seem very, very rare now. They're occasionally on eBay and go quickly: This one went for $165 last month... that's the savage version, not the RS4, but similar rarity.

$165? Yikes! I can get them for $20, not brand new but good enough.