Looking for a good database for 4x4 Slash setups.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
There’s literally nothing on So Dialed for Slash Ultimate. Most of what I’ve found while googling has been for the 2wd.

I’m looking for a good baseline indoor clay or carpet setup sheet for a 4x4 LCG Slash so it’s ready to roll if I find an indoor spot that’ll run them.

Post some links if you have any! Thanks!

I haven't found any either. Prob because most people don't race the slash or do setup sheets on them.
I can prob give you some wheel / tire advice and maybe some shock advise, but everything else, maybe not. Lol. Speaking from my 2wd slash.

Slash 2wd indoor carpet: Schumacher Mini Pins SC F/R. Trimmed 2 rows of pins on the outer and inner sidewall on the front tires for less traction rolling. 50wt front 40wt rear. My rear suspension is all the way down with 2 med thick preload spacers (big bore shocks) because any higher, you will be rolling and diffing out. (DE Racing Trinidad wheels) No idea on the tire compound. I think its either yellow or blue, I had these tires for 6 years. My uncle was using the same tire setup for his SCTE 2.0. He also tried out I think pin down rear and swagger front.

Slash 2wd indoor clay: JConcepts Smoothie SCT F/R. I believe in the green compound. DE Racing Trinidad wheels. With Traction compound. I think I was running 30wt front and 40wt rear, and it was all still too thin. I had a couple preload spacers for added ride height which I didn't need. Haven't gotten enough time to go to the local clay track for tuning.

For my diff, I'm running the 272R tuneable diff but using factory / ordinary black grease.

If you can't find anything for setup sheets, id see what the locals are running, or base them off of race grade kits like SCTEs or SCT410s for that surface. Because that is what I was doing for my rusty and slash. I was basing them off of my 4wd buggy setup, and SC6.2 and T6.2 setups.

I haven't found any either. Prob because most people don't race the slash or do setup sheets on them.
I’m 100% sure it’s cause nobody actually races them. Lol. I want to get one of those Tekno mini truggies so bad. Just not in the cards right now to dive into a new build. Wouldn’t mind an RC10T either for that matter. Eventually the Slash will either get put back into basher duty or get a new shell and sit on the shelf lookin cool 😎

The guy with the truggy in this video was running a 6T motor. Its very dialed down for carpet, as he usually runs it outdoors.
You ought to get the new Tekno SCT410 2.0.
Yep. Watching some review videos on it right now. Looks pretty amazing, besides the new motor mounts.

The guy with the truggy in this video was running a 6T motor. Its very dialed down for carpet, as he usually runs it outdoors.

Yep. Watching some review videos on it right now. Looks pretty amazing, besides the new motor mounts.
It’ll probably be my first kit, or a crawler

Back