Long fuel line not getting fuel to motor.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy5523

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My revo came stock with a very long fuel line and I'm having trouble starting it because the fuel isn't getting to the motor. Should I just cut it shorter or what.

hold your finger over the exchuast and turn the engine over it will push the fuel through the pipe.

Also make sure you dont have the fuel clip connected on the fuel line

It doesn't move all the way up the line when I hold the exhaust tried that already

Nope I went ahead and cut the line and put a filter on it as well. I'll do that next time as well gotta wait for the batteries to charge 1st

cut your fuel line as short as you can ...both my revos have short fuel lines and they run great ...it will also reduce the low fuel lean effect

I to had that problem the other day, seemed as though it was air locked. I couldnt even blow through the line from the exhaust till the carb was opened, then it primed perfectly. Good to know on the fuel line length to cause i have a ton extra but figured there was a good reason for the long length.

figured there was a good reason for the long length.

There is, longer fuel line gives you more time to roll the truck back on its wheels before it starves of fuel and stalls.

When everything is working properly, the length of the fuel line has very little effect on the engine and how it runs/performs.
Longer fuel line (within reason) just takes a little longer to fill during priming.

If when priming the engine with a finger over the pipe and fuel will not reach the carb within a reasonable amount of time you either have a leak in the exhaust or fuel system, a clog in the fuel or occasionally the exhaust system, carb needle(s) too lean, too small of an idle gap or low engine compression and any combination of the above.

well later that day my exhaust coupler was ripped i notice. Maybe it had something to do with it.

i also have a question about the exhaust and fuel line. i notice today when i took it out when it was on its roof the exhaust just filled with fuel. why would this be happening? exhaust leak some where in the header? or should i look at putting in a one way valve?

That will happen if your truck is idling while upside down. There's almost no pressure being made at idle.

fe, so 1/2-3/4 throttle? thing is iv flipped it before and it never put as much fuel in the exhaust. there is a decent table spoon or more worth coming out when i flip it back over.

defo fuel as i can see the bubbles in the exhaust line when i flip it back over.

Are you saying when it flips over you hold the throttle at 1/2-3/4 throttle?
Any low idle time while upside down will allow fuel to enter the pressure line.
Does it run good?....if so then big deal, stop flipping it over.

Back