Logitech Wireless Xbox Contoller -- Da Bomb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfreak

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got my xbox used on ebay. Amoung other things, It came with two pelican wireless controllers. We all took our turns with the wireless controllers cause of the bling factor. It became very obvious, however, that regaurdless of battery power, the pelican wireless controllers seemed to lag when you pressed the buttons or didn't recognize the button presses at all. In the end, we all ended up using the normal wired controllers.

Being anoyed lately that the wires on my xbox controllers were getting twisted mangled busted and generall screwed over, I did some research and picked up one of the Logitech Wireless Xbox controllers.

Oh man, the difference between the two. The pelican wireless controllers had switches on the transmitter and on the reciever for the different channels. My kids were contantly pressing that switch and then would come crying to me that it didn't work. Another switch that bugged me was the power switch on the pelican controllers. If you forgot to turn them off, you'd have dead batteries in no time flat.

Now, enter Logitech wireless controller. It has no channel selector (done automatically when you press a button). It has no power switch. It powers up and powers off automatically. The best part, however, it how it responds. It doesn't miss a single beat. All the button presses land just as they would with a wired controller. You don't even notice a difference. Well, the major difference is the feel of the buttons. They are softer and easy to press. The shape of the controller is a little different too. Getting used to both of those things, however, is not problem at all.

I did read a review online that said it was too bulky. They must have resesigned it because it's the exact same size as any other controller I have.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I have an 2.4 ghz wireless network at home (wifi) and this controller doesn't have any problems with it nor does it cause problems on the computers.

I'm very pleased with this purchase and figured I might share the info. If you folks are tired of my xbox posts, speak up and I'll take it elsewhere. I just like the people here and the RC hobby is on the shelf until the weather cooperates again around here (Spring).

Last edited:
I almost bought the logitech controlers but if you think about it there is no way to use the XboX live head set with the wireless controller.

sLY

I didn't give much thought to that. Logitech does sell a cordless Live! headset that you can use with wireless conroller, but it looks expensive. Sorry for leaving that fact out.

Back