Loc Tite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastmaxx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Any need for loc tite with the alum bulkheads?

Yes anytime you have metal on metal always use lock tight........Nick

I would recommend staying away from the "red" locktight and use the "blue". The red is almost permanent. The blue may allow it to back out on you at times, but it will normally allow you to take it apart.

Originally posted by bigboystoysguy
absolutely!!:hehe:

Originally posted by NCNitro
Anytime you have screws in to metal you need to use locktite.

Originally posted by lillightingboy21
Yes anytime you have metal on metal always use lock tight........Nick

Originally posted by olds97_lss
I would recommend staying away from the "red" locktight and use the "blue". The red is almost permanent. The blue may allow it to back out on you at times, but it will normally allow you to take it apart.

i agree with all these guys. i hardly ever lose a screw when i use locktite with metal to metal contacts.. plastic contacts is a different story... hey, if u can get loctite cheaper at a hardware store then at ur hobby shop. u also might be able to get a free sample tube from ur hardware store.. this worked for me for awhile. also another thing check out ur hardware store for screws, they are a whole lot cheaper then buying them at a hobby shop. most screws on the t-maxx are 10mmX 3mm i think... i got a whole box of them.. hex style... stainless steel... works great and they look just like the ones i get from my hobby shop.

later

later

I am going to go grab myself some loctite at HQ this weekend, as far as screws for the maxx I am thinking if I can get a bunch from HQ that will end up cheaper for me in the long run.

Does anyone know what different size screws the maxx uses? IF there are only 3-5 different sizes I may go pickup some also.

I think there are alot of different styles of screws, check in your owners manual if you have one, that will tell you.

General rule, screwing into metal = loctite.

A lot of your screws are 3Mx8, 3Mx10 and 3Mx12 flat head screws. The longer cap screws are 3Mx12 and 3Mx14.

Back