Liquid Electrical Tape ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has anyone here tried using this as opposed to balooning the servos, if so I would like to know what you thought of it and if it really works well in waterproofing the servos. Thanks

Iv never used it for the servos but I keep a can in my truck for when I'm out in the woods and I fry some wires, it should work good but will be alittle messy to put on. If you try it let us know how it turns out for you.

Still looking for a brand name or something...will Home Depot guys know what I'm talking about if I ask them where to find it? I expect in the electrical supply aisle. What is a good brand? Or are we looking for someone to guinea pig this stuff?

I like star brite liquid electrical tape HD should have it in aisal #4.

Thanks, Hunter. I 'll pick some up this weekend and give it a test or two.

I would use silicone/rubber on soldered ends. I'm still leary (spelling???) about this liquid tape jazz. I guess I need to pull out one of my old servos and give it a whirl. I'm still a balloon freak.

Like with anything that starts as a semiliquid it would be nessary to scuff the smooth surfaces so it sticks and can fourm a tight seal.

I was thinking if you put like some WD-40 on a rag, and wipe it around the open parts of the servo the water will not go on it.. You can also try crayons, becuase of the wax.

See Ya:)