LIPO Receiver Packs for nitros.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Afternoon everyone. I would like to get LIPO receiver pack for my LOSI LST2 and my Savage. I already orderd a voltage regulator. These LIPO's can only be discharged to a certain voltage or you will damage the battery. My question is how do your monitor the voltage? An ESC has a LIPO cutoff. Is there anything out there for nitro vehicles?

Something like this will work, the alarm will go off when it gets too low.

The big advantage to LiPo vs. NiMH is the high discharge current capability; this really doesn't matter for a receiver pack. IMO, you just complicate things by having to add a low volt cut-off.

I'd recommend sticking with a standard high capacity NiMH pack.

That is not necessarily true. Some power-hungry high-voltage work better with a LiPo. Vehicles that use the Losi ROSS system also require the use of a LiPo if memory serve.

Thank you for your replys. I have to run a glitch buster in my savage because of my high voltage steering servo. That is the main reason I was going to move up to LIPO.

I run lipo in a few of my rigs I got the batteries from china,very cheap like 5 buck cheap I didn't worry bout the alarm as a recharge after every outing and for theyre size they have a large capacity and at the price I bought 5 of them.
another option is a LI-FE receiver battery with an output of 6.6v you don't need and voltage reg and are much more stable than lipo,i run 1 in my revo with 2 high powered savox servos with zero problems

I run a 6.6v life pack in my nitro buggy, with 2 Savox servos, it seems to do well, i usually charge it before the race, then right before the main.

Some power-hungry high-voltage work better with a LiPo

Well, since I've never played with HV servos, I can't really comment one way or the other there. Still, it would seem that the limitation would be not the battery but the receiver capability to supply the power. Be kinda like running a mongaloid 8,000 mAh 50-100c battery with only a 35A esc; regardless of how much the battery can discharge, the ESC can only supply its max rated current.

Is there some kind of relay system used for these HV servos that allows high current to reach the servo without passing through the tiny circuit in the receiver?

Chickenman. You have the link for where you bought your batteries from? I want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. You have been very helpful.

I got one off ebay bout 35 bucks 1900mah does very well for what I need
I have just bought a cheaper 1600mah one for about 15 bucks form china which will take for every to get here so I can't comment on its quality
amain also has them ranging from 35-50 bucks but I couldn't get one shipped to aus coz the shipping was huge due to hazmat

Try Hobbyking.com. They usually have some cheap LiPo/LiFe packs.

Back