Let the madness begin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krimy123

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
We’ll still missing a few parts ( wheels / tire mostly )

But for a first rc buggy I have to say I am quite happy to start it this weekend

19EF36E2-0A2C-4E2A-8651-5D219D9D5D94.jpeg

Congrats and welcome to the site. Interesting paint choice. can't wait to see the body.

Interesting in hearing on the Tekin. I'm gonna purchase another Castle next, but I am trying Tekin after that.

You certainly did some research in what you got. Should be interesting to see it come to life.

Yeah I got a lot of help from people on here , and to be honest with the paint I just really don’t know how I want to make it so I ended up getting different Colors if I were to try something weird haha

Awesome, that will keep you busy. Great choice on transmitter.

Did your kids stuff show up too?
That'll be some instant gratification.
I read something somewhere about racing vs bashing that never occurred to me before regarding gearing (I don't race). In racing your are setup and geared for 5 to 8 minute races. Bashing around with your kid you are running for 30, 40, an hour, till your bored or break something. You may want to think about pinion swaps depending on the days plan. A little bit of a pain but better than burning up your race grade gear while fooling around with the kid. Longer runs means more heat, etc.
Looking forward to seeing your plans come together.

Yeah I’m still waiting for the rustler should be in Monday or Tuesday , the Hota D6 pro should get here on Monday as well.

I got my son a fly sky FS-GT5 that I will give him at Christmas but yeah I’ll be looking at the pinion and stuff like that is it the only thing I would need to change or should I check for something else as well ???

I might end up getting a decent RTR just for bashing with him but still if I can make my tekno decent to play with him I would enjoy the practice with my actual car

I think the gist of what I was reading was that for max speed in a 5 or 8 minute heat you might be running a pinion that would be completely inappropriate for running 40 minutes in the street or yard with your kid. Again, I don't race so I have no suggestions other than a smaller pinion for 'playing' with your kid.

I was looking at pinion and I saw that the motor was kind of requesting some X number of tooth.

I don’t know if the motor has to change in order to actually set it quite lower , like right now I have the 7.5t motor , I don’t know if there’s a way to set a pinion that would make it somehow bash able

I'm not sure what you might use with that for racing, but to run in the street and yard for a long amount of time I'd have a 2nd pinion that is several teeth smaller. ie: if you race with a 20 tooth pinion, maybe have a 15 for running around casually. Those are simple examples, I have no idea what pinions are appropriate for your model. Smaller pinion is lower speed, little more low end, easier on the motor, able to run longer without overheating the motor.

Get yourself an infrared temp gun if you haven't already. That's the only way to know what pinion she can take for the given situation. Stay below 160°F with motor and ESC and you are safe.

I will , I really hope that Ill enjoy my new build hahaha , I'm looking at the boxes right now and I really can't wait to have it all ready to go and to try it for the 1st time.

I'm surprised your not building already. Have it ready to go when the charger and batteries arrive.

well I was playing hockey tonight , and my son as hockey at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning , then I have to go to my nephew birthday party hahaha , so yeah , sadly I can't right now lol and I also got the tekno special tool to help doing the shocks , so I'm not in a hurry right now per se since its not in neither.

Oh, so much building could be going on while waiting for that stuff!

I'm just messing with you now. Sucks when real life stuff gets in the way of our obsessions hobbies. Work, family obligations, whatever, lol. Hockey is pretty popular around here too (maybe not Canada level), hugely time consuming, expensive, weird hours.

yeah like my game was at like 9:30 PM lol .... I just got done eating my food and I'm heading to bed lol ..... real life stuff is so overrated hahaha ,
quick question as for the pinions.
On the EB410 tekno website it says that I need this in order to complete my build :
  • 48 pitch 17 to 34 tooth pinion
Does this depends on the electronic that I put in ? or it dosent matter I just have to follow that chart ???

Last edited:
I would probably start with a 20t pinion, and have a couple either way of that to play around with. There are lots of factors that will determin the ideal pinion, so you'll just have to do some runs while monitoring temps to find the right pinion.

Okay but the pinion dosent change depending on the electronics I mean I just have to follow that « chart » from tekno website start at the lower end and work my way up

Well, different motor kv will require a pinion change. Different tire diameters may require a pinion change. And if you change the weight of the car it may require a pinion change. And depending on how you drive, one pinion may be better than another. There are too many variables. That chart should get you real close. You won't know for sure til you run it.