Lep spec 3 .28 pull start issue ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antndrew78

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Ok I have this engine that I pulled from a savage x project I am doing I have never run it it feels like it has a lot of compression the problem is while trying to start it I snapped the pull start cord I replaced but for the life of me I can’t get it back together does anyone here maybe have a spare for an lrp .28!

I've done that... a few times. With a bit of perseverance, you can get it back together.

Before you try, unwind the rope, spring (be careful with the spring, it's sharp, and... springy). Then clean the spring thoroughly with DA and a paper towel. Clean the inside of the housing and give the rope a good wipe down too. This helps when you slip and the spring cuts you a little bit to avoid getting greasy grime in the cuts. It also makes it easier to hold on to. Once you get the spring back in the housing, put a couple drops of light oil on it. Bearing oil, 3-in-1, whatever, just some oil so it's lubed a little bit so it doesn't bind and/or corrode on you.

I put it back together pretty much like this guy:

Figured I'd try and help as I don't have a spare starter for you. I do have 3 LRP engines though and I've had to do this many times over the years to repair broken springs or ropes in various engines.

Wow thanks for the info will give it a try