Latrax rally Electronics upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a latrax rally in pecies right now but I'm buying my dads off him so i was wonder whats a good servo, motor and esc? and can i put a flysky GT3B radio and reciver in it?
also is it possible to fit a 1/10 motor in it if so it would be a quick little car

Wouldn't it just be easier to strap the servo, esc and wheels right to the motor itself? Lol but really that would be awesome and also in pieces from the first turn and multitude of cartwheels. I don't doubt it could be done. But the size of a 540 would cause friction on the drive shaft without modification as well as the gear covers needing to be removed. The spur gear would need changed to a larger size as well as the pinion gear. Which would mean the rear diff would need relocated. That would mean the drive shaft would articulate. Which leads back to box 1. And you would be better off buying a wltoys 1/14 for the results you want. I May be completely wrong too. That has happened before a lot. 🤙

1/10 system in a 1/16 is between a handful and just right. If your heavy on the throttle its gonna be more of the latter.

The latrax is smaller then 1/16. The Latrax has a 360 or 370 motor. The Traxxas 1/16 vxl is a 380. I would go that or a castle esc and a Neu motor. The last is pricey but runs cool in the 1/16 scales, with great power from what I heard.

With a 1/10 system, if it fits, how do you plan on feeding it?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it just be easier to strap the servo, esc and wheels right to the motor itself? Lol but really that would be awesome and also in pieces from the first turn and multitude of cartwheels. I don't doubt it could be done. But the size of a 540 would cause friction on the drive shaft without modification as well as the gear covers needing to be removed. The spur gear would need changed to a larger size as well as the pinion gear. Which would mean the rear diff would need relocated. That would mean the drive shaft would articulate. Which leads back to box 1. And you would be better off buying a wltoys 1/14 for the results you want. I May be completely wrong too. That has happened before a lot. 🤙
Thanks buying the other latrax rally soon then I’ll fix the one in pieces and put the xl5 in it that will be a fun project ganna have to cut the center bump out and any other bump in the chassis and try to fit a big battery highly doubt I can it would be to heavy it would bottom out enless i made some custom shock mount plates and got 1/14 shocks so yea it will be quite the project but hopefully worth it
1/10 system in a 1/16 is between a handful and just right. If your heavy on the throttle its gonna be more of the latter.

The latrax is smaller then 1/16. The Latrax has a 360 or 370 motor. The Traxxas 1/16 vxl is a 380. I would go that or a castle esc and a Neu motor. The last is pricey but runs cool in the 1/16 scales, with great power from what I heard.

With a 1/10 system, if it fits, how do you plan on feeding it?
True can’t really fit a big battery in it but when I get a 3d printer I’ll start this so I can make an extended chassis and make a (step side) body it will be a hole redo might just start from scratch and fix it and give it away or something