Late shifting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Rage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I replaced my first CB today, I think the engine might have slipped just a hair cause the CB was stripped! Anyway I think the stock (Savage 25) was a 15t, and I had an extra 15t when I bought the RRP 52t metal spur set, I believe I have a good mesh, not too tight and not too loose, but it seems to take longer to hit 2nd.......I made sure to clean the engine mounting screws really good then let them dry and put a coat of loc tite on them when I put them back in and toqued them down good, the spur has a good free spin, so any suggestions?:normal:

When you say you had a good mesh, did you try putting a piece of a ziploc bag inbetween the spur gear and the clutchbell? This will give you the proper mesh. If not, then you might be replacing the spur gear pretty soon. I don't think it has anything to do w/your shifting.

are you saying that I should put a piece of zip loc bag between the gears before I torque down the engine to obtain a good mesh? Also will it maintain that mesh while i torque down the engine?

Yes i am saying to put a piece of ziploc bag in between the spur gear and the clutchbell and torque it down. This will maintain the mesh between the gears.

So what you're trying to say is, use a ziplock bag to get the perfect mesh? I wasn't sure if I read it right.... I'm just playing with you guys. Shifting later? Well, I noticed that when I ran my truck after sitting for about 2 weeks, it seemed like it shifted later. Maybe it's just your imagination or the temperature change. Unless of course you were running the truck and then switched the CB and then ran it again. If that's the case, I don't know what to tell ya.

ok I'll try the zip lock trick, and yes it is definitely shifting later, I had to change the CB in between runs, now it seems like it hangs in first then hits second, almost like it has a B & M shift kit in it, but without the bark of the tires when it hits second LOL

Back