Lacking all knowledge got a lot of questions working on a Traxxas nitro slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny1369

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm brand new working on a Traxxas nitro slash when I'm ordering parts a lot of the parts say Traxxas nitro two-wheel drive. Is that the same as the nitro slash, I'm about to upgrade a lot. I like the blue aluminum stuff. My son thinks it's cool and we already broke shock mounts

Welcome in @Johnny1369 , there is a lot to learn about RC and the most important thing to remember if you want to go with aluminum parts, aluminum bends with hard shock and plastic will recover after a hard shock. I would definitely stay away from aluminum a-arms.
Aluminum parts also transfer the shock to a weaker part, so be prepared for that. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RPM PARTS. You can poke around Here .
RCs break and unfortunately more than we want. To me the fun part is actually wrenching on them so broken parts never bothered me but it gets expensive.

Welcome to the site. I'm building a blue nitro slash also. Strc and Traxxas so far. I'm doing each wheel corner, and a few select parts, not too much.

Links, castor and steering blocks, and rear bearing carrie will be Traxxas blue.

The tranny brace and motor mount will be Strc. Debating on the arm moubt for the rear. I dont want too much blue or aluminum.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=160_94

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353664597285?epid=663642758&hash=item52580d7d25:g:KV4AAOSwGIRhOP97

Well I bought a kit that seems to have about everything in it except the bearings. So I just ordered an bearing kit so I should have all the bearings it runs really good but it doesn't idle and nothing I do seems to change the way it stalls. As long as you keep running it it runs great. So I bought a new carburetor That's what started the whole ordeal of upgrades
This is the kid I bought in blue. It looks good. Can't wait to see it on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-211933.png
    Screenshot_20220623-211933.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to RCT!! Ask the questions & the good people on this forum should be able to help out.

Slash 2WD is the electric one. That rear shock tower is different than the nitro version and won't work. The rest of it is the same.