Kyosho viper esc trouble!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjmazz21

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’ve posted a lot about my old kyosho viper but I have a question about the stock esc for anyone who knows these boats. I noticed each time I use it the silver film on the speed control seems to be eroding away. I circled it in the picture. Is that normal? I don’t want to burn up the esc.
93ED941B-E2EF-43BB-B598-E66F5A3CD999.jpeg

Attachments

• 5F856468-0026-40CB-BDF6-8763FB03C6A7.jpeg
    5F856468-0026-40CB-BDF6-8763FB03C6A7.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 50
this is a old school manual speed control. the green on those have known to burnup along with whatever they are in. its time for a upgrade unless you gotta have this stock. I also see the old futaba s 3003 servo . as a rudder control. Slow weak also prone to fail.. id upgrade all ill bet your still using a AM radio also?

this is a old school manual speed control. the green on those have known to burnup along with whatever they are in. its time for a upgrade unless you gotta have this stock. I also see the old futaba s 3003 servo . as a rudder control. Slow weak also prone to fail.. id upgrade all ill bet your still using a AM radio also?
Yes I am the whole thing is stock right now even the radio and receiver. I’d like to upgrade the esc to a modern brushed system as well as a new radio and servo for the rudder. But I want to keep the stock lemans motor. I just don’t know what setup I should use for this boat.

budget?. the o5 gold can sealed? not rebuildable?

Budget is whatever it doesn’t really matter to me as long as I can find a good brushed Esc radio controller and servo. I’m not really sure what you meant with the rest of what you mentioned there ?
budget?. the o5 gold can sealed? not rebuildable?

Back