kyosho moster buggie hybrid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rc kid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so first off I'm new here so hows it goin everyone?

The Project:
well i want a truggy and i dont really have the moey right now for a new one and i have a kyosho inferno and a USA-1 sitting around collecting dust along with a HPI big block waitin for a truck. i wanted to put all these together and make one mean truck. so my questions are which drivetrain do i use, and which suspension setup do i use, how should i go about gearing it. i do plan on using the moster truck tires for now untill i can get some new pin tires. i was planning on using the buggie chassis. so any input opinion ideas or just anything you wanna hlp me out on would be awesome thanks guys. Also if anythings unclear let me know and ill clear it up.BTW all the rcs are older models.:D

Welcome to the site. I'm thinking the mt tires are gonna wreak havoc on the buggys drivetrain and suspension. You'll also have to gear way down(almost by half). There may not be enough room for adjustment. The unsprung weight of the tires are gonna kill the handling as well and put a ton of stress on the carriers and bearings.

yea i figured as much about the tires theyre just huge but they wont be permanent just for the time being but your saying i should use the buggie driverain then?

I'd use the buggy for a buggy and the Mt for a MT. Save up for a truggy.

cmon guys any input would help dont let me think i gotta find a better forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Buggy to truggy was an ofna ultra comp chassis/driveline/engine. And I used some T maxx parts. The ofna ultra comp is a buggy... I didnt moddify the transmission at all and I have hade no problems with bigger wheeles.

Hope this helps some.

also If we saw pictures we could eye up set ups and how that would work;)

Back