Kyosho EP Fazer MKII vs. Tamiya TT-02R chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have bad luck bashing with 1/10 touring outside.
Inside drifting they are fun. Or track outside.

Bashing you say ?
I would buy this for outside bashing
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...-rtr-1-10-4wd-rally-car-tra74054-4-r5/p696016

You still want 1/10 touring ?

If i need choose between these two i would take the Tamiya.
Why ?
Because there is TONS of cool options if you want upgrade later.

Keep it bone stock ? then i would choose the Kyosho i Believe.

What ever you choose, make shure it have capsuled/protected spurgear. Because these are plastic in 1/10 tourings.
Open plastic spurgears needs only one stone to end the fun.

The Traxxas Rally is very fun and durable car for Bashing outside.

kyosho-kya-34415t1.jpg

Kyosho Purple Fazer Hellcat Looks BADASS !!!

Wish you good luck and alot fun what ever you choose

Overall, just for a goofing off and bashing standpoint, which would be better? I'm not looking for a drift car though. I want a touring car, and, i think the TT-02R is a drift chassis.
I like my 4tec-2.0, but I don’t have any other touring cars to compare to though.

the 4-tec 2.0 is better than kyosho and tamiya
you pay more also

i have 12-13 different 1/10 touring cars

The best ones is Yokomo and Schumacher, these are expensive pro competition kits, i have spent about 1100-1300bucks each total

Honestly, a big part of it is the cost, along with the fact that it wont get ran much. I mostly want it because of the purple Challenger body, but for the most part, its just gonna sit on a shelf. As for Tamiya, i have had a few Tamiya TT-01's, and TL-01's, and, the more you run them, the more it seems like they need, even if they are only run sporadically. I do want to build another rally car, but I'm not really sure i want to use another Tamiya as a starting point. I was thinking, buy the Fazer chassis kit, and combine parts from the Challenger and mad van, with Tamiya rally blocks, and see how it works.

Let's raise this thread from the grave...

I'm thinking of getting a pair of 1/10 TCs for parking lot racing with my 7-yo son and whenever I don't feel like driving to a spot for my dirt RCs... and for the cool looks TBH.
Not sure if I should start with TT-02R kits or go with RTR Mk2 Fazers. In the end the cost will be similar, except I get free radios with the Kyoshos. TT02R because it comes with some nice upgrades (fluid shocks and ball bearings, rear toe in blocks). I like building kits, but don't really have much free time so kit vs RTR is a moot point.

@biggman100 did you end up getting anything, anyone else got some ideas?

Let's raise this thread from the grave...

I'm thinking of getting a pair of 1/10 TCs for parking lot racing with my 7-yo son and whenever I don't feel like driving to a spot for my dirt RCs... and for the cool looks TBH.
Not sure if I should start with TT-02R kits or go with RTR Mk2 Fazers. In the end the cost will be similar, except I get free radios with the Kyoshos. TT02R because it comes with some nice upgrades (fluid shocks and ball bearings, rear toe in blocks). I like building kits, but don't really have much free time so kit vs RTR is a moot point.

I have a TT-02 with all the R upgrades. I have sunk over $600 into it and it's still a pos. The A-arms are toy grade. The motor mount is flimsy. The servo mount is crap. The steering is so sloppy the car won't drive in a straight line. I would definitely get the Fazer.

Actually, i picked up a Redcat Lightning, a Kyosho Fazer chassis kit, and a used Traxxas 4-TEC, but, havent done anything with any of them yet, just left them in a box. I currently have way too many projects, and, one truck (Losi TEN-SCTE), that is taking most of my free cash currently.

Back