Kyosho DBX buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably better to get an Ofna Comp or other Ofna for parts availability, if this is their first you want the easiest to use and run and also check your LHS for parts, Kyosho will be harder to get.

Its 1/10 scale, and parts will be a pain to get......
Its a decent price though. If it is for "1st timers", maybe look at the Truck version. Ground clearance is important for bashing. The Hot Bodies 1/10 are interesting too.
I would say a Ofna LX series would make a good 1st buggy to learn on, but it will be MUCH faster and that may get them in trouble?
I know my girls like running my Stampede when they get the chance......

Last edited:
The Kyosho guys on the grid posted a link to a video of both the buggy and the truggy. I would probably buy one of these before I bought the Jammin .5.

Yeah, I saw a video on the Kyosho site and they looked pretty good and the price is great, especially for a 4wd.

My two boys are 14 and 13 years old, so I do not think speed will be a problem. I just have to make sure that they do not drive it in the street, they will be more likey to hit stuff (curbs, cars etc)

Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

Last edited:
I will have to say that the Ofna Hyper series are great. If you really want to stay under a certain price range, I will suggest the GS Storm RTR. The latest model has incorporated some of the Pro parts on it so the cost is lower to upgrade. I have owned the original and many makers have copied off this platform like Kyosho and ofna. The latest CL-1 is the one.

Here is the linkhttp://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/12836

What about your budget? Do you have to have 4wd or is a 2wd possible?

Well I think the 4wd would be easier to drive and keep up with me and my friends. 2Wd would have them sliding out and getting pist that they cannot compete.

I have to buy 2 remember, so the $200-$250 range or under I was hoping for.

The 2wd I was thinking of getting would be the GT2. But then I would have to buy one to race with them. That would be another $280. So I figured I would get somthing that would be 4wd and closer to what I have. That CL-1 looks great, but at a price. Is the OFNA stuff cheaper? I know you get what you pay for, but I need to start low or it just will not happen at all.

Thanks again for all the support. :)

You would love the GT2. And unless you get into some extremely loose stuff, it's actually hard to slide out a 2WD.

What about those 1/16 scale Choas's? They are only $99 at A Main. Do they hold up at all? I could buy 3 of them for less than the price of 2 GT2's! That way all three of us could race and it would be equal.

Dang if you were just horsing around, the price is just too good. They are little and nitro so they would be fun.I have never owned one but at the price...I may have to.

I know a few people that bought the Chaos, and sold it even faster.

Yeah, I went and looked at one at the LHS. They told me the diffs are plastic and they had to replace a few already. Then he tried to step me up the the Trinity "Next", but it is $230! Plus it looks horrible. At that price I would buy the Kyosho DBX first. What are these companise thinking when pricing a 1/16 scale at $230 when they know you can get a 1/10 scale for less money!?

well, there are plenty of originnal GT's floating on ebay.......

If you want new, I would stick 1/10 or more.(scale0

Back