Killers AE NTC3 Rally Car Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I just aqcuired my 2nd onroad RC, my first being the 3.3 N4Tec and to say the least I was VERY disapointed with it... So I decided to give onroad another try! I found this TC3 to be the perfect oprotunity to attempt my luck at converting this to an offroad rally car.

I ordered a bunch of suspension parts from AE that include shock springs, shafts & 27wt oil to give me the first GC lift to get it spinning dirt mayhem!!

Then I ordered a bunch of tire and wheel sets off fleebay, one set includes a set of 4 26mm knobby offroad rally tires and 2 sets of 4 wheel and tire combos to run asphalt so I can switch back and forth.

Installed my ERCM tuned pipe and filled it with 30% nitro and man does she scream!!! Its almost too fast for my handling abilities!

All I need now is a WRC body to fit with its new look and a location with some nice, somewhat packed rockless dirt to test it out!!

Here is the rig as it sits now.
5unuvu7a.jpg
a5yvy4yb.jpg
ejuha2u8.jpg

I like the decal on the hood myself. ;)

What's wrong with a Porsche 911 Rally Car?

Haha I like the Porsche lid but not aware of any rally cars that are made by Porsche

I'm thinking either the Tamiya WRC STi rally lid, the HPI Evo X or Evo V, or an old school era rally style lid.

Decided to take and show off the car to my coworkers and rip around the lumber yard, bad idea... Took only 2-5 minutes before a job site dumpster jumed in front of my car, crashed it bad, put about 1/2 of the car under the end where the wheels are on the dumpster. Lets just say I lost and got lucky. Only busted the air filter and destroyed the fuel tank. Take a look lol.
ezagurag.jpg

Haha I like the Porsche lid but not aware of any rally cars that are made by Porsche

I'm thinking either the Tamiya WRC STi rally lid, the HPI Evo X or Evo V, or an old school era rally style lid.

Decided to take and show off the car to my coworkers and rip around the lumber yard, bad idea... Took only 2-5 minutes before a job site dumpster jumed in front of my car, crashed it bad, put about 1/2 of the car under the end where the wheels are on the dumpster. Lets just say I lost and got lucky. Only busted the air filter and destroyed the fuel tank. Take a look lol.
ezagurag.jpg

Bummer... now it' time for a rebuild thread. :D

Nice carnage!!!!

Here's your 911 Rallye pic:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_0rc3e2s3e_2n6Oi0lvEh61bNfXWgc11UID7mvOQDvzaG_kXj.jpg

Thanks hamz, I WANT MY GEN PORSCHE RALLY!! Even though thats still pretty sweet!! Yeah I had a loud reaction from my coworkers when I crashed the car lol. They asked me while I was laughing about it if I was mad and I said no its part of the hobby and I have the skills, knowelage and tools to fix it. "Ohhh man thats going to be expensive to fix!!" Lol yeah its going to cost me tens of dollars...

If you can't laugh and smile when you crash and break your rig then you have no central nervous system...

I'm a fan of carnage! I was in a huge field last weekend with nothing around and managed to hit my truck while I was WOT. I swear my truck jumped in front of my rig! That is a nice pipe on your rig! I like the vented gas tank too!

I'm a fan of carnage! I was in a huge field last weekend with nothing around and managed to hit my truck while I was WOT. I swear my truck jumped in front of my rig! That is a nice pipe on your rig! I like the vented gas tank too!

I am too as long as it doesn't cost me so much I have to file bankruptcy after haha!! Yeah I am the same way, things grow legs and walk into my path of driving.... And that pipe is a Extreme RC Mods tuned race pipe, I won that from a RCNT giveaway last year and is etched with the forum name, part/material #s and my name HPI-Killer on it. Made for my MAXX thhat my my wifes parked car totaled then rigged it up for this rig. And I will NEVER buy any other brand of upgraded pipe, EVER!!! This has very noticable performance increases in all RPM levels and the sound produced from this pipe is so so loud and mean sounding!!

Got my 3 sets of 4 wheels and tires today, 2 sets of onroad and a set of oversized offroad rally, what do yall think?
ymujutub.jpg

Also got my rally suspension parts in as well.
y4u7anuj.jpg

Starting the first step into getting this rig converted to a rally car, starting with the new suspension parts.

Front shock length differance.
9yjenu2y.jpg

Quite a change between the factory shafts and the new AE .56 shafts.
ypa9yseg.jpg

Easy as can be, had to shorten the width of the front bumper and foam guard to allow the rally tires to fit properly and have be able to turn without any rubbing. Re-enforced the front bumper with some fuel tubing and secure screws, think itll do fine against impacts.
e8ysy4ed.jpg

And WOW, the ground clearance is incredible!! I shouldnt have any issues running offroad now I think haha!!
azave9yn.jpg
u7enatus.jpg

Thanks man, ill text you the part #s and post them up here when I find em.

Just tinkering with shock piston styles and location of installed shock on tower & arms. I'm getting very excited and close to done other than trimming the porsche up to fit it.

*EDIT* Found part #s, all can be ordered from TeamAssociated.com

TC3 Rally Kit Shock Setup:
#6461 .56" Shafts x4
#6494 Green Springs For Front
#8232 Black Springs For Rear
#7148 Shock Piston, Use #2-1.2 For Front
#7148 Shock Piston, Use #1-1.2 For Rear
#5429 25wt Shock Oil Used On All 4 Shocks

26-27mm Rally Tires with no less than 3mm offset, chassis modifications MAY be required.
These are 3mm offset with a thin washer between the wheel hub and wheel for just a hare wider stance.

Had to dremel the chassis plate a little to get the turn radius on the pass side, the back pass chassis plate to fit on the hub and had to modify the manfifold for proper clearance between the tire at all stages of shock damper which included rebending the elbow down/ pulled forward 1+8"-3/16".
No real mods required heavy alteration and no RC structure was weakened by them..
6uga8use.jpg

8a5eqa5u.jpg

8y2ysaha.jpg

And a spring stiffner clip if desired, and your ready for some dirt!

Last edited:
Everything is done, just need to cut the body to fit properly.

A build can never go "according to plan" for me and noticed my ass is sagging when compressed, heres the problem.

I notice that the rear suspension doesn't "pop" back up like it should. It dampers up and down just fine when there isnt any weight on it but when its on a surface it compresses down fine but 'pops' back up maybe 1/3 of the way... I've tried multiple mounting positions on the car along with putting spring stiffner clips in, but to no avail... The entire rear setup is clear of any touching or binding that could be holding it down, I noticed one spot it was rubbing against which is the linkage end thats screwed on the top of the caster blocks, and it looks like a very light contact, no resistance that I can feel when I rotate the wheels..

Any ideas what could he causing this?...
u4aze9ed.jpg
yzyhysen.jpg

Whalla! Cut and fit body for the WRC Rally car!!

Not to toot my own horn here, but I think it looks total badassness!! can't wait to get my fuel cell in it, I am stoked to test her out, well once I figure out the rear suspension issue...
enebebe2.jpg
8a2ezade.jpg
u6e2adyj.jpg

Now, I have 3 RIT dye colors for this rig and my MGT, I have Ocean Blue, Sunrise Orange & Black. I was thinking about a Ken Block color style wheel look with 3 black and one either blue or orange, though I'm leaning more towards blue.

Hmmmm, decisions decisions...

Last edited:
Back