KillerRC Nitro Kill Switch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a lot of reading on them and I also like the concept but the only thing is it still runs for around 3~7 seconded after being killed, its the equialent of a pinch test
Hope I helped

I've done a lot of reading on them and I also like the concept but the only thing is it still runs for around 3~7 seconded after being killed, its the equialent of a pinch test
Hope I helped

you have a valid point, but if your rig is 100 yards away the kill switch is gonna be faster than running over to it to shut it down. the main reason for them is signal loss, if your car losses signal it will kill the engine.

you have a valid point, but if your rig is 100 yards away the kill switch is gonna be faster than running over to it to shut it down. the main reason for them is signal loss, if your car losses signal it will kill the engine.

great point! but what if your car battery dies?

then the switch will cut the fuel and it will die, you can't go wrong with the kill switch, i had one on my 1/5 baja as well.

---------- Post added at 5:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:38 PM ----------

pulled from the link at the top of the page.
Product Description
The Killer RC Bumble Bee Nitro Killswitch™ will automatically stop the fuel flow to your nitro engine during: radio glitch/signal loss, low battery, cut wires, or total battery power loss. You can also kill the engine any time you want by pressing the Aux button on your transmitter, or turning off the transmitter power button. No more plugging the exhaust, jamming up the flywheel, or pinching the fuel hose.
Weight 1.5oz
Voltage 4-9v
Amperage 80mA
Auto glitch kill
Manual kill
Adjustable low voltage kill
Power loss kill
Adjustable engine temp. kill
Buzzer output
LED output
Works with most radios

Last edited:
Hmm......interesting.
What is the harm on running a nitro engine upside down?

Hmm......interesting.
You'll lose traction to the wheels. :D

That fuel cut off is an excellent addition. When the body is on and you pull back in you can turn it off without leaving the lawn chair. :)

Good advice buddies, thanks. I have a Schumacher Menace capable of
speeds up 70+ mph. Problem is I can't get it to full speed out of fear it's gonna get out of range
and disappear off the face of the earth. I have a venom fail safe on it now but
I dunno, I don't trust it. Working on a 2.4 ghz radio in the near future. :pepper:

@ Rolex: LOL!

Ah yeah. I remember when that happened to me. WOT and i was at least 200 250 feet away. Lol my fat but running like a 2 year old after it.

I bought one of those unit but its still sitting on a shelf...I havent had money to finish the project that I bought it for.

Ah yeah. I remember when that happened to me. WOT and i was at least 200 250 feet away. Lol my fat but running like a 2 year old after it.

LOL! Its funny but really sucks @ss at the same time.
I read your thread regarding your Ofna buggy. What a nightmare man!
So the final outcome was the transmitter/receiver was faulty after all?
And Ofna wouldn't cover their end? I'm sure yours was not the first nor the last with this issue. Shoulda gave you a new car, IMO
I took your suggestion and bought a Spektrum. The cheesy Jaguar AM radio, its gotta go.

Hmm......interesting.

Mine runs out of gas in about 7 seconds when it turns upside down.

:whhooo:

Yeah at the end my lhs talked them in to sending parts to me. After replacing servos and radio thats what i use on the track to practice now. Dx3c worked nice for me never gave me any issue. Range was good.