just purchased a Mini R Revo =]

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just purchased a Mini E Revo =]

i finally gave up and got my self the VXL 1/16 e revo.

after selling my old nitro one, and seeing how much of a difference the price was from the 1/10 to the 1/16. i just had to get one.

i just wanted to know how the venilion brushless motor and that ESC that it comes with is any good or is worth keeping.

i know that traxxas says that the ESC can handle 2-3S lipos but i might just stick with the dual NiMH set up they came up with. i didnt have enough cash to get the connector or the spare battery.

i just wanted to see what everyone though about either getting the 2or3S lipo as compared to the dual NiMH set up.

what lipos would you reccomened or what dual NiMH set up would you reccomened. i see the battery it comes with is only a 7.2 1200 or 1600.
if i were to do the dual set up like that i would want to up the ante and get at least 3000+ mAh packs for the dual set up

and if anyone has the mini E revo let me know what you think about it.

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed with your purchase.

The VXL setup works great.

I use a single 2S lipo in mine and it screams. A 3S lipo would make it uncontrollable.

I tried a mini Slash on 2s Lipo...and on dirt it was uncontrollable. lol ...but FAST as hell!

I are jealous! Make sure you have plenty of duct tape!

i think I'm going to get 2 good NiMH battery packs for it.

I'm really glad that i opted to get the VXL brushless model. the truck should be here tomorrow

if anyone has a link to where i can find 2 decent batteries for my E Revo dual battery conversion.

i was looking up adaptors last night and what give you more power. haveing the batteries in series or parallel.

links to places would be great, i just want to stick with NiMH cuz i dont have a lipo charger anymore. my ICE took a crap on my and I'm still waiting to hear back from Duratrax

any help would be greatly appreciated.

and boy am i excited to be getting the mini E revo. I've heard so many good things about it, that i just couldnt refuse.

ill make sure to snap some pics when the fresh factory box arrives at the house. its the first RC i have every bought brand new so I'm really excited. ill keep everyone posted on how good it is.

Thanks everyone,
Matt

i want to get the most power out of my mini E Revo so what would be better, series, or parallel with the dual battery set up.

and what NiMH batteries should i get for it and suggestions?

Series harness will give you more voltage (power).

Parallel harness will give you more run time.

The rig already comes with one nimh pack. Perhaps you should just pick up another one off of feebay.

MG, what capacity 3s did you run in your eRevo? I've got a spare 1200mAh pack I plan on using when I pick mine up.

Well, my mini E revo finally arrived today. and it is awesome. i ended up making a series harness myself with some deans ultra plugs i had. i was just one male deans off so i need to get one for the ESC. but i was playing around with it out of the box and even with one battery, its very quick and fun.

i got the VXL model and it only came with one waterproof mini servo. does anyone know if you get the non-VXL model does it come with 2 servos?

if anyone is planning on getting a mini E Revo. dont wait. they are excellent. ill make sure and snap some pics when i get a chance. and ill show you all the series connector i made from scratch with deans ultra plugs and good wire.

The brushed version only come with one steering servo as well.

Well, my mini E revo finally arrived today. and it is awesome. i ended up making a series harness myself with some deans ultra plugs i had. i was just one male deans off so i need to get one for the ESC. but i was playing around with it out of the box and even with one battery, its very quick and fun.

i got the VXL model and it only came with one waterproof mini servo. does anyone know if you get the non-VXL model does it come with 2 servos?

if anyone is planning on getting a mini E Revo. dont wait. they are excellent. ill make sure and snap some pics when i get a chance. and ill show you all the series connector i made from scratch with deans ultra plugs and good wire.

Matty... It really nice to see you got a new truck... Me ??? I am still waiting on a REvo Chassis I paid for MONTHS ago and never received. :angry:

I was reading on the internet that you an only use 2 3s LiPos in parallel. Using them in series is too much voltage and burn out the ESC.

PM sent MadKawi

and thanks for all the help everyone. i bought myself a venom pack yesterday. i ran ot of deans plugs though for my battery packs. so as of right now I'm using the stock pack till i get 2 more female deans connectors.

I'm going to snap a pic of my series connector i made just to make sure i did it right. i seen them on the maxamps website and copied it the way it was but for some reason it doesn't seem right to me. i might have one of my deans installed backwords going to the pack.

ill post a pic soon right here as well as a pic of the truck

You can see the series connector I made for my full size ERevo in this pic for reference.

erevoconversion003.jpg

thanks alot, that helps more than the one on the maxamps site.

and nice Erevo. that thing must really boogy

i love mine, just ordered a 3s lipo for it. these things are sick with slash tires on them

i love mine, just ordered a 3s lipo for it. these things are sick with slash tires on them

are you talking about the mini or the regular one?

I'm not a big fan of a talon tires either.

does anyone know what after market tires would be a good fit for the 1/16 revo?

Back