Just my Luck!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My first run of the season with the XXL-2. After a few minutes of tuning I felt like I had it dialed in pretty good, did a few full throttle passes and BOOM went the dynamite. (Literaly) So far my 3.3 has been more reliable than this thing. Did I just get a dud or is this a common problem with these engines?
1426380933956-250805844.jpg

the new gas powered XXL2? I'm confused as to which engine your talking about cuz you say XXL2 but then you compare it to a 3.3.

I'm talking about the new dynamite gasser. I was just comparing the weak rod of the 3.3 to this new dynamite POS! At least the piston and sleeve are reusable.

ahhhh yeah. I see what you mean. I've been hearing those engines arent to good.

Sucky!...you get a hold of them yet?

nah, I'm not to keen on the 1/8 scale gassers. I'm usually not an early adopter of anything lol. I like my stuff tried and true typically :)

Nitro based engine converted to gasoline is a bad idea. Gas burns hot. Alu rod will have trouble imo. Gas is for 26cc and above.

I just noticed that the rod blew through the block as well. This thing is getting expensive!

I have yet to see a positive story come out from one of these gassers, both of these companies need to have a long hard look at themselves and the product they are selling , why put it on the market when the failure rate I so high.
when I was in the market for my gasser I looked long and hard at both trucks , I chose the octane because here in oz losi and especially the xxl line is not very well backed and after being a traxxas man for years I thought I should give the opposing team a shot. truck itself cost me $1059 and after the first tank I was not happy with many things , the engine was sweet but the rest of the truck was crap. I would say I have spent close to 2k on the truck and upgrades and now its a better truck , not my favourite but still, after 12 tanks it needed a new engine due to no compression , which was eventually replaced under warranty nearly 3 months after the fact , partly due to my lhs's inability to follow thing through and I ended up sorting it out with hpi Australia directly and putting the truck back together myself I was really unhappy with the process altogether.
I really hope you get a new engine from losi as the amount of money we are shelling out for these trucks is silly for it to be sitting on a bench in pieces...

It's somewhat similar to trying to convert a gas engine to diesel...your better off going brush-less!

Last edited:
The motor out of a prius would be just about the right size! :naughty: (yes, I realize this is an old post!) Couldn't resist tho!!!

Back